Kodi 17

Started by Rod, February 08, 2017, 08:58:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SteveandDebs

Or dump Android and look at getting something like Libreelec on your box

LE is a Just Enough Operating System (JEOS) to run Kodi. You'll find the box much quicker and more responsive without all the android bloat.

Look here for more info https://libreelec.tv/

Rod

oldbirchy

Hi Rod
I cannot see anyone providing an upgrade to android 5 at present but look on freaktab to see if anyone is developing one. Certainly let a guy called Wasserman has done a custom ROM 5.0 for the x7 but I have never felt the need to try it.
When Kodi 17 was announced they said that it would only run on 5 and above. This is probably because their chief android developer left them.
16.1, (and 15.2) are both running fine so no need to worry yet.
Also keep your eye on SPMC which is a Kodi fork developed by the android guy that left the Kodi team. He might fork 17 for use with older android systems.

Regards Andy

Rod

Checking it out but it seems it will only run on Android 5 or later but can't find anything to say it can be upgraded to 5. Will be sticking with 16.1 for now.

kazhaynes

Rod

lots of talk about this on the Minix Forum have you looked on there?

Rod

Now that Kodi have released 17.0 Krypton it will not download to my Minix X8H. I believe it is because it is not Lolipop 5.0 or above so can it be upgraded or do I have to think of getting a new box?