Healthcare Spain

Started by Hattrick, January 16, 2017, 20:43:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobL

Thankyou Roger. Maybe I should have added additional detail but still they have 18 months to fully investigate through various agencies. Always appreciate your informative replies and use of grammar and spelling.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on January 17, 2017, 09:39:02 AM
This is all guesses, and not much use.
Remember the UK is still in the EU and will be for 2 years or more.
Also the reciprocal health care agreement is not dependant on the UK being in the EU.

So the situation as of now, is that if you are a state pensioners you can sign on to the Spanish Health system.
For this you will require a form S1 from Newcastle.
As for a partner who is not of pensionable age, you will have to ask Newcastle whether they will also be entitled to a form S1.
It is for Newcastle to decide, not the Spanish Health authority. It is one S1 form per person.

Also, unless they have changed the system, to use the S1 Spain will ask to see that you are registered as a resident in the Extraneros Office in Almeria.
To do this you will have to demonstrate that you are covered for medical (S1) and also that you are financially independant.
You should use a competent agent to arrange this, such as CAT Services in Zurgena.

to register as a an over 90 day stay EU Citizen under retirment age,you will need private meds ( 1000 pa )and an income of around 5500 e pa.

(as for the guessing lets see what the UK guesser in cheif has to say today........Lets hop she has a better grasp of all things Europe   than Chamberlin did in the 30,s........good luck wi that one campers...)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Roger

This is all guesses, and not much use.
Remember the UK is still in the EU and will be for 2 years or more.
Also the reciprocal health care agreement is not dependant on the UK being in the EU.

So the situation as of now, is that if you are a state pensioners you can sign on to the Spanish Health system.
For this you will require a form S1 from Newcastle.
As for a partner who is not of pensionable age, you will have to ask Newcastle whether they will also be entitled to a form S1.
It is for Newcastle to decide, not the Spanish Health authority. It is one S1 form per person.

Also, unless they have changed the system, to use the S1 Spain will ask to see that you are registered as a resident in the Extraneros Office in Almeria.
To do this you will have to demonstrate that you are covered for medical (S1) and also that you are financially independant.
You should use a competent agent to arrange this, such as CAT Services in Zurgena.

Tetley

In the worst case,HOPEFULLY  our pensioners will be able to join the re join the state system for around 70e a month as the system is in place now for the under reitrment age folk,s

the 50 somthings will be able get go private for around 75/80 e a month

also

Spanish law does recognise living together,but the spanish folks sign on a cival register wich gives them rights as a married couple,BUT  you need proper advice on this from a lawyer.

also as it is now you are an EU Citizen,giving you the same rights in as a spanish citizen,when we loose our EU  citizenship,although a deal may be done.... so established folks can stay,you still may not have the same rights as you had as an EU Citizen, however EEA  membership if its maintained will help sort this one.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

BobL

Hi, firstly we don't know where we shall be with Brexit & reciprocal healthcare but as your partner will need his forms then why not speak to Work & Pensions (overseas healthcare) in Newcastle on 0191 218 7777.
Best of luck although I feel all we OAPs may need it. BobL

gingernut

I am so supprised nobody has responded before me to your post, alot can happen in 18 months so I think it is a little early to ask about health care at the moment,we who have been here for many years are uncertain what will happen.

Hattrick

Hi we will be moving over to Spain within the next 18 months.  My partner is retired but I am not yet.  As his partner do we have to be married for me to get free state healthcare?  Many thanks in advance