Another Year gone.......

Started by felipe, January 16, 2017, 10:23:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jo-JoB

Quote from: felipe on January 16, 2017, 11:22:36 AM
Not saying the banter or lightening things up is out. But the ridicule that some members have had is wrong. Banter is one thing but outright rudeness is a no no.

I've never had a problem with people having a laugh, some post are very funny, the only issue is abuse directed at individuals. It's fine saying a group (for instance a political party) are knobs, but when people start calling other posters, idiots, morons, brainless etc, then that is out of order basically if you wouldn't say it to their face, don't say it on here.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

Not saying the banter or lightening things up is out. But the ridicule that some members have had is wrong. Banter is one thing but outright rudeness is a no no.

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on January 16, 2017, 10:23:22 AM
Well, that is another year gone for us running the forum. It has been a tough year for us with Sharron´s health, but thankfully she is doing remarkably well and on the road to recovery.

This year has seen forum records tumbling. We accepted over 900 new members this year beating the 700 form 2015. Albeit some are likely duplicates of members that forgot their login info. But even allowing for that it has been a great year for new memberships. Maybe an indication that more people are interested in our part of Spain than we realise. A good number are from the Benelux countries.

We have also had the highest number of pages viewed in one year. 17,885,474. An average of 49,000 every day.

However, we are aware that whilst a huge number of members are reading the forum, many do not post for fear of being ridiculed. So, in an attempt to stop this we have decided to remove any post that ridicule another member´s post. The unfortunate thing is that it is only four or five members that feel the need to do this. Yet on other threads they often have good posts and debate issues.

We are always open to suggestions on ways to improve your forum, so please, have your say and we WILL listen. Phil & Sharron.

so basikly then Phil,when some barmy bxggers are  moaning abought somthing they have bought into,and some of us regular poster lighten it up a bit with "a daft years of factory banter light harted coment " is going to be veiwed as ridicule.....

ive got to be honest,the people that i know in the non Tron world say to me they only read the forum for a" bit of info" and the" crack "

i personally will find it imposible not to lighten it up ,infact the only reason im on this forum is because its Arboleas and we are directly effected,by barmy buggxers if they start tacking themself to seriously,including our elected.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

Well, that is another year gone for us running the forum. It has been a tough year for us with Sharron´s health, but thankfully she is doing remarkably well and on the road to recovery.

This year has seen forum records tumbling. We accepted over 900 new members this year beating the 700 form 2015. Albeit some are likely duplicates of members that forgot their login info. But even allowing for that it has been a great year for new memberships. Maybe an indication that more people are interested in our part of Spain than we realise. A good number are from the Benelux countries.

We have also had the highest number of pages viewed in one year. 17,885,474. An average of 49,000 every day.

However, we are aware that whilst a huge number of members are reading the forum, many do not post for fear of being ridiculed. So, in an attempt to stop this we have decided to remove any post that ridicule another member´s post. The unfortunate thing is that it is only four or five members that feel the need to do this. Yet on other threads they often have good posts and debate issues.

We are always open to suggestions on ways to improve your forum, so please, have your say and we WILL listen. Phil & Sharron.