Granada

Started by telcaz, January 15, 2017, 12:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sweetiepie

The beauty of booking.com is you can cancel the booking.com right up close to the date. :72:

telcaz

Thanks again everyone.
                              Terry.

indala

This is the name of the park we used.
Parking HH. Maristas Granada

indala

hurlez

When my sister went a couple of years ago they left their car in a car park outside the city and caught the bus  in .
I think if you look on the internet you will find the car parks I have mentioned.

telcaz

Thanks "byrney", problem is the Mrs has already booked the Hotel, on Booking.com as it happens but didn't think to check out the parking issue, you would have thought that would have been a priority after what we paid in Seville.
                                                                                                   But thanks anyway.  Terry.

byrney

Terry,

We have stayed in Granada many times over the last few years for hospital visits.

The hotel we stay in has it's own underground parking.

It is a 25 minute walk to the centre of Granada, but taxis and buses are plentiful and relatively cheap.

If you go on Tripadvisor, you will find loads of hotels which offer a variety of options which include free parking etc via bookings.com or hoteles.com.

Wonderful City.  Enjoy - and definitely go on on the tourist train.....!!

telcaz

Thanks "packard" i will have a look.
                                            Terry.

packard

terry, look on love Granada tourism website. Two in town centre 17/18 euros 24hrs, and others.

telcaz

Thanks everyone for your advice, i would much prefer to drive, as we did in November when we went to Saville, but the parking came to more than twice the cost of the Hotel and i am not a fan of bus travel, so, it looks like i will be driving and have to bite the bullet on the parking issue.
                                                  So once again, thanks to all who replied.  Terry

packard

why complicate it. drop off at hotel, park long term in city centre car park, pick up visitors guide from pavement stalls then use local bus service to get around.
The place is geared up for this as very few centre hotels have car park.

uslot

There are lots of underground car parks in Granada if you prefer to drive.

gingernut

You can go from Lorca via Murcia.

Elgin

The nearest Stations to you would be Almería or Guadix

There is a bus that runs up the Almanzora valley to Granada (from Alsa as stated above) but it takes a long time.  If you want a fast bus then go to Puerto Lumbreras (but makes sure you book yourself on to the right one).

solarsolutionsalmeria

hi,i would recomend alsa bus service,you can find out times and routes on line www.alsa.es
i know you can get it from albox direct to granada.
hope that helps
jen

telcaz

Good Morning all, we will be visiting Granada next Sunday for a few days, the Hotel where we are staying doesnt offer any parking arrangments, so, my question is, is it possible to get to Granada by train, and if so from where.
                                                                                       Thanks for any information.  Terry