Hire car beware Dickmanns

Started by orsinosouth, January 14, 2017, 00:04:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Trish14

Not so long ago there was a post complimenting DoYouSpain, so I booked a hire car with them. Then this post was put on and I went into a slight panic, so I emailed DoYouSpain to confirm a few concern's.
They came back to me and I'm very happy with their reply.€300 will be blocked on my card and you pay for a full tank at the airport, bring it back with a full tank and there are no further charges.
Oh and no one called Dickmans is involved, it's a company based at Almeria Airport called Interrent.
Personally, I have found them an easy company to deal with, fingers crossed all will go okay with the car hire.

bomagdrink

Are Dickmans and Drivalia , one and the same company ....I have just hired wit drivalia and must say I found them to be one of the best if not the best I've ever hired from...my daughter has used them many time never a problem .

tintin

tintin

I hired last October and ended up with Dickmans found the hire very good and my deposit refunded in just over 2 weeks, on their contract is does say up to 4 weeks to get the refund. I did not take out the excess insurance as I have an annual policy costing £38, but when I returned the car there was no problem. I think the complaints being the length of time to get the deposit back. I would certainly use them again, but for my trip in March have been given goldcar 27 days for 342

orsinosouth

Just hired a car at Alicante airport through doyouspain. When they sent me my voucher I had to collect off site with dickmann. Waited for pickup for awhile but they finally arrived. At the office they wanted a bond for access insurance no shock there although paid extra insurance when booked. I was told by the man at the counter that when I returned the car the money would be returned as long as no damage, but what did shock me was he said it would be refunded in about 5 weeks, but what do you do others waiting at airport so I proceeded with the transaction. Then the twist came my card was refused, shocked by this we tried again to no avail.so I rang my card people to be told they had not declined me but Dickmanns as they have have had lots of problems with them. Next phone call was to doyouspain who admitted they have had trouble with them before but for a little extra rebooked me with Firefly at the airport, not totally satisfied but was upgraded when I picked the car up.