Sat navs

Started by shirtsleeve, January 12, 2017, 16:25:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pennydot

I keep thinking about getting a smartphone, but have no idea which model to get, where from and how much they cost, and whether they would work in Limaria, where my Blackberry doesn't!  :c017:

GEman

Quote from: Trev on January 13, 2017, 09:47:19 AM
If you have a smartphone then I would recommend NAVMII,(previoulsy NAVFREE) the APP is free and you can use it offline , so no data charges.
I think there may be a couple of pounds charge for new maps now, but to be honest we have found it to be pretty accurate
I can second that,and recommend it.

steveconway24

Chinese sat navs for $30 ebay are excellent. But before you buy, check that the map updates are free on naviextras.com
Go in as a guest and put the model number in, it will then let you know if you get free updates.

Lorraine

We use googlemaps on a smart phone - job done

sandy b

Download Navigator.  It is free, up to date and is better than Tom Tom or Garmin.  Gives world wide coverage and is updated regularly

Trev

If you have a smartphone then I would recommend NAVMII,(previoulsy NAVFREE) the APP is free and you can use it offline , so no data charges.
I think there may be a couple of pounds charge for new maps now, but to be honest we have found it to be pretty accurate

invercone

I bought a cheap 6" screen sat nav direct from China a couple of years ago. Can't remember the exact price but around €60. When it arrived I discovered they had forgotten (?) to put the sat nav programme on it. Lot of hassle returning it (keep every bit of the packing it arrives in until you have checked it out). Eventually a replacement arrived and I am very happy with it. It is Android based with an 'IGO' sat nav program on it. Much more information and more user friendly than than my old Garmin. The road maps and speed limits were up to date when it was new but, like Hogsy, I haven't worked out how to update it.

David

BobL

We purchased a £50 Lorry satnav on Amazon. It lasted 1 trip from UK back to Spain and that was it. Repeated e mail complaints to Amazon forwarded to Seller not even replied to. So absolute rubbish. Now we use our Smartphone. Bob

lmj52

Hogs you are correct about the 50 mph warning. Previous roadworks.
To update my older tom tom was £69 so I bought a new one with free map upgrades for life. Was £79 in Halfords sale. Result.   :clap:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

shirtsleeve

Has anyone used any of the cheaper sat navs that are available on ebay. I don't mean Garmin or Tom Tom. If you have used one what do you think of the quality ect.
Cheers me dears.