NHS

Started by nibbler, January 12, 2017, 08:23:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

NHS managers may not be good at delivering a good health service, but they aint half good at fiddling the statistics :72: crunching the numbers :72: some are just not even good liars :72:

The above opinion is based solely on my personal experience and has no bearing on what occurs elsewhere.

sweetiepie

After watching the programme 'hospital' last night and all the recent news on the NHS I am soooooo delighted I live here   :clap:

KJH3

There is so much abuse of the system. I know people who attend to get over the counter tablets, aspirin, paracetamol and indigestion tablets etc plus bandages, plasters etc etc. When i challenged some one they said why should i pay if i can get them for free? this was was someone who could well afford to pay. The abuse must be enormous which i find offensive but what is more offensive is that the Doctors go along with it. In everyday surgeries they are people there who could treat themselves, take these people out of Surgeries and A & E and you start to reduce the problem greatly

Wrypop

Quote from: Lynden on January 12, 2017, 08:57:41 AM
If it was managed better there would be no crisis. Wasteful inefficient and not fit for purpose. Cronyism rife and good people unable to do their job. Around £1 in every £5 completely wasted.

Absolutely spot on! Every two and a half days ONE BILLION pounds is absorbed. That's 117 billion a year roughly. Someone says move away from the Trusts and back to one organisation. Its all been done before - it changes 'shape' every few years with new 'ideas'. The only comparable organisation in the World was the Red Army!

Imagine giving an order at the top and hoping it peculates down through the system to the Care giver. Little chance.  There has been some very poor management over a number of years, however, good managers have been shackled by poor quality middle mangers who can not discipline/fire their poor underperforming staff. We have some awful doctors and nurses and porters, cleaners, etc. - yes, some are angels - but many are there for the ride, with behaviour and performance you would not believe or condone. As Lynden said, good people stifled by misfits and the system. The answer? After forty years working around and alongside the NHS - I don't have one. Great management is the answer but carnage would ensue with the Unions would be up in arms. Schools of Nursing everywhere to ensure when reaching the Wards the Nurse is competent and dedicated and well paid? Senior Nurses now are well paid generally. Junior doctors should be reminded of the Hippocratic Oath and paid on achievement and length of service. I could go on and on - I have? Sorry!

Tetley

Quote from: GEman on January 12, 2017, 09:29:26 AM
There was talk today on the news of whether people would be prepared to pay a couple of pounds extra a week to help fund the NHS,I wouldn't mind that but it should be paid directly to everyones local health authority not to the government in case they decide to use it for something else.

spot on,id certainly rather pay 20/ 30 quid to see a GP  rather than sit in A&E  for 4 hours.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

GEman

There was talk today on the news of whether people would be prepared to pay a couple of pounds extra a week to help fund the NHS,I wouldn't mind that but it should be paid directly to everyones local health authority not to the government in case they decide to use it for something else.

Tetley

Quote from: Rod on January 12, 2017, 09:20:26 AM
Would it be better to nationalise it, get back to the old days when it was under one banner, not all these individual health trusts?

Fear not Rod,the re nationalise is on its way once we get the new SNP & LAB Govi between May 2017 and May 2020.

dont forget folks as a pensioner you can join the labour party for abought a fiver a month,lets make OUR  country Great Again Together.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

Quote from: Rod on January 12, 2017, 09:20:26 AM
Would it be better to nationalise it, get back to the old days when it was under one banner, not all these individual health trusts?
:bravo_2: Great post Rod.

Rod

Tetley

Quote from: nibbler on January 12, 2017, 08:23:29 AM
Bearing in mind the crisis in NHS which has been looming for some years now. Is this the time to consider reducing the N/I payments so that those who can afford  it seek private health care??
Nibbler.

its an intresting point Nibbs,in Spain a lot of people either pay full private or a sort of private & combined state care were they pay the standard NI plus a top up to a local private hospital.

i think the problem in the UK With the NHS is its just been over loaded and people have just been tit feed on no  care fee,s ie how many burger & kebab  & smoker consumers would refrain and health up a bit if they thought they were going to have to make NHS co payments.

Its a bit like the ID for care,it should have been done years ago,infact ive still got mi small white NHS  card with mi address,NI number on and DOB  from 1975 ,so the system was in place........

i think its all back to uk niss up over a pub syndrome,ie they let millions in,issue NI numbers.... bosh,unlike spain if yer an EU  free mover,were yer under retirment age,yer pay yer grand a year.

webejamin

If people can't afford private heath cover while contributing to N.I., that's it, they can't afford it, no shame in that, I've been there.
Why can't they carry on like I did most of my working life Nibs, pay their whack of N.I. and take out private health insurance?
Of course the answer to that is that more people are earning less these days, plus there's many using the NHS that don't contribute. I can't see how one group paying less can help the NHS. I think a good clear-out of top management might be a good start. :72:

Lynden

If it was managed better there would be no crisis. Wasteful inefficient and not fit for purpose. Cronyism rife and good people unable to do their job. Around £1 in every £5 completely wasted.

nibbler

Bearing in mind the crisis in NHS which has been looming for some years now. Is this the time to consider reducing the N/I payments so that those who can afford  it seek private health care??
Nibbler.