android start up screen

Started by alanjune, January 09, 2017, 12:03:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

alanjune

Thanks Dannyfs,
                       No longer got the box,just taking the Androidman system of a friends box which I did, but could not work out how to remove the start up page.
                                                                      Alan.

dannyfs

Actually this is a really easy thing to remove and does not require a firmware change at all.

If you would like to pop in with the box to one of my computer clinics I'll happily remove it for you.

Cheers.

Quote from: oldbirchy on January 10, 2017, 20:03:22 PM
Hi
Without changing the firmware, I am afraid that you cannot get rid of it. It is built into the boot sequence. I am sure that someone will know how to do it but I don't. Glad you got rid of the lock out he does it to prevent people from messing up the system he installs and then asking him to fix it no doubt. Google your box and latest firmware and you may find one. Usually those from chinagadgets are good and original. Only problem is that the config of your box may not be standard so there is a risk of bricking it. If it all works well after the boot logo, I would leave alone.

Regards Andy

Calle Carrera, 10
Arboleas

10am - 2pm Monday - Friday
10am - 1pm Saturdays, Sundays, Bank Holidays

Open every day except Christmas Day and New Years Day

alanjune

oldbirchy

Hi
Without changing the firmware, I am afraid that you cannot get rid of it. It is built into the boot sequence. I am sure that someone will know how to do it but I don't. Glad you got rid of the lock out he does it to prevent people from messing up the system he installs and then asking him to fix it no doubt. Google your box and latest firmware and you may find one. Usually those from chinagadgets are good and original. Only problem is that the config of your box may not be standard so there is a risk of bricking it. If it all works well after the boot logo, I would leave alone.

Regards Andy

alanjune

Hi Andy,
           It's the boot up screen I am trying to get rid of. Everything after that is now back to normal,no need to put any access code and Kodi working fine.
                                                   Alan.

oldbirchy

By the android man do you mean
1 the boot screen that a local seller uses
Or
2 your box is stuck on the opening screen and won't go any further
Regards Andy

alanjune

How can I get rid of the Android man start up screen on my MXq android box.
                                                             Alan.