taking my car off the road temporarily

Started by SKB, January 04, 2017, 16:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: Tetley on January 05, 2017, 00:29:28 AM
Quote from: SKB on January 04, 2017, 16:49:24 PM
My car will be off the road for about 3 months and when we got in touch with Linea Directa saying that we did not want to  renew the insurance until further notice, we were told that we need to get a form from the Trafico stating this.  Does anybody know where we get this from - apparently it is called a Baja Temporal (or similar).  If we don't do this then we will be liable to a fine of €1,000!  Many thanks for your help.

ld are correct,you need a Baja form,a Gestoria will do it for you its around 35e but will save you the trip to traffico,do this then no insurence,ITV or road tax needed wile its off road,however you will need to give your insurence co 8 weeks notice to cancel the policy.

Law changed last year tetley. Only 4 weeks now from you to them but still the same 8 weeks if they don't wish to insureyou anymore.

Quote from: nibbler on January 05, 2017, 18:42:25 PM

I don't know about 3 months but I've just spoken to my insurance and although the renewal is due in early Feb They have told me that i can defer/ delay payment until I return.
Nibbler
They might have done but it isn't legal. If it isn't baja'd here then it has to have continuous insurance & tax regardless of being completely off road In a private garage, wherever.
Aah ,I see it is just delaying payment. That means it will still be running from the day it is due.

byrney

Presumably though Nibbler, that means that your car will be completely uninsured until you do renew?

I personally don't know about the legalities of having a car off the road without insurance, but I'd be worrried about it getting stolen or damaged by fire and certainly wouldn't contemplate risking it for 40 or 50 euros.

nibbler

I don't know about 3 months but I've just spoken to my insurance and although the renewal is due in early Feb They have told me that i can defer/ delay payment until I return.
Nibbler

Tetley

Quote from: nibbler on January 04, 2017, 18:48:41 PM
Can anyone tell me if this applies to a car that will be locked in a private garage for six weeks??
Nibbler.

yes its either BAJA  off road or its  ON  road with tax,itv,insurence, appicable even if its un used in a garage with the engine out.

i think to BAJA  it the road tax also has to be fully upto date as well but a Gestor can advice on that.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Tetley

Quote from: SKB on January 04, 2017, 16:49:24 PM
My car will be off the road for about 3 months and when we got in touch with Linea Directa saying that we did not want to  renew the insurance until further notice, we were told that we need to get a form from the Trafico stating this.  Does anybody know where we get this from - apparently it is called a Baja Temporal (or similar).  If we don't do this then we will be liable to a fine of €1,000!  Many thanks for your help.

ld are correct,you need a Baja form,a Gestoria will do it for you its around 35e but will save you the trip to traffico,do this then no insurence,ITV or road tax needed wile its off road,however you will need to give your insurence co 8 weeks notice to cancel the policy.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Eddie

Any car off the road must still have insurance and car tax paid, unless you have the scapage form

nibbler

Can anyone tell me if this applies to a car that will be locked in a private garage for six weeks??
Nibbler.

tandas

Cats will do this for you or you'd have to go to Almeria traffico and speak read Spanish.

SKB