2017 report

Started by Roger, January 03, 2017, 15:28:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

O well campers that,s that  sorted  Me Jonny and Rog is keepin our EU Free moves,Arboleas can crack on expanding,coz its just Tetley having a doom & gloom wind up.... infact the refferndum never happend........o dear ,this has been the best wind up yet...

i have manged to crash the uk pound

raise UK  inflation causing a stir at the BOE

cause banks & finance house.... and Loyds of London to look at leaving the UK

UK lawyers & Law firms are Regestering dail in the EU Irish republic

ive got Donny Tusk reading the forum ,giving press confrences ,telling the UK  punters the its either Hard or NO  brexit

ive even manged to get the PM  of Spain in on the deal,saying that any deal for ex pats will be done through europe and the other 27 member states.

and last but not least,ive even manged to get AC Grayling and Proff  Michael Dougan in on the doom & gloom Tetley Brexit wind up

for a kid that left school with 1 cse for metalwork ,ive certainly rolled the dise on this one......

onwards & upwards campers lets enjoy another day with our free movin EU Citizen ship    :great:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

zilnor

John n Julie
Well said.  :clap: :clap:

I have said previously that Tets is doing more to wind up the ex-pats than any politician or financial expert  !  :hee20hee20hee:

Tetley

its certainly gonna be a talking point Jonny,as for a clue,Mrs Mays all clued up now,wether she can clue the UK  nation up with her.... well now that could be a bit doomey & Gloomey,one thing is for sure,its gonna be a long haul and its not going to help the Brit pound spend confidence in this valley till its all sorted,but as in my earlyer post at  least the folks have an idea now of what the very British Hard Brexit is all abought.

just out of intrest,how do you think it will work out once article 50,s served  ?
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

John n Julie

Doomed, Doomed were all doomed! god so much negativity around here! nobody has a bloody clue as too what is going to happen so stop scare mongering Tetley, a lot of water to go under the bridges yet! oh no! unless they are all washed away.
Back to the drawing board Theresa.
Regards John. :29: :29: :32: :hee20hee20hee: :hee20hee20hee:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Tetley

So there yer go Rog,the town hall & Government officals  can now plan,for a very British Hard Brexit in 2019,so at least everybody now knowes the score.

Tetley

No Worries PL  yell soon be fundin us all When the 2020 ex pat exedus starts back to uk,mind you best laff is,all the poor bxggers that had years of torment wi illigal homes and no paperwork will be eligable for housing help bless em as long as they shift there ruppys pr uk re entry,best get buildin hooses..... :happy-new-year-toast:   :laugh:

Rog
any chance of the big hoose contractin a uk benny specalist.... then wi can mebee all get uk  claimed up on the great return , and re float   OUR Arbi econamy every 90 days on a rollin rota....all part funded by brexiteers... :laugh: x3

PhillipJLloyd

So if you move to Spain and are not retirement age, there's no health care, even though you have paid in the UK, how fair is that ??
The welfare system used to make good financial sense, you paid in, had your services, spent your pension back into the UK economy, and kept the population relatively happy.
The problem now, you paid in, you are now living longer than planned, you want your services, but spending your money into someone else's economy, and that is making the rest of the population unhappy.

Roy Thomas

El Presidente None of the Above what you say in your statement is common sense and logical but because of this it was very unlikely that any UK government whether the current Tory one or even less likely a labour one will pay any money out to help Ex Pats.

Even though like you said we have contributed to the welfare state all our working lives and if receiving a public sector pension then the rest of our days.

They will say Live in the UK get health cover but live abroad and unlucky.

Tetley

PhillipJLloyd

Can someone explain why when the UK leaves the EU, that they should help pay for the health care of people who have "jumped ship" to have a better life, when they are, as Roger says, spending all their money into the Spanish economy. Not good business sense from a UK point of view !!

Tetley

Basikly Rog,Arboleases feture now rests with the uk courts,ie they will at some point serv A50  it will be a hard Brexit,so the only debate is the EEA  membership for ex pats,because the EEA  membership hasent been voted on.

basikly once A5o is served,there is a 24 month time frame,on the 25 month the UK  will Be OUT,the 24 months can be extended IF  the UK asks for an extension,BUT  all the other 27 EU  member states have to agree to the extension.

thats it realy,the Spanish poliys carnt help yer as its the 27 member state block that will be doing the talkin and not one member state.

Roger

Normal tourism and residential tourism are not the same.
This region is economically dependent on residential tourism, not conventional tourism.
That is UK citizens who have invested their life savings in a new home and live here for all or most of the time.
We are keeping this region afloat economically ;
Car showrooms, supermarkets, local builders, plumbers, furniture shops, clothes shops, ...

Just to put a figure on this ..
Just in Arboleas the residential tourists bring over 10 million euros into the local economy, money spent on day to day living.
This does not include new residents who bring a lot more money when the buy a house.
Also this does not include an estimated 300 million which we brought in to this region during the housing boom.
These are just the figures for Arboleas.
Multiply this several times to cover just this part of the valley.

Residential tourism will only thrive if the new residents can live here with health care, social service access, help from your Town Councillors.

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on January 04, 2017, 20:24:13 PM
Why would anyone think that the Spanish Government would have no interest in issues which will affect the most important economy of the country, tourism.

To be fair Rog Tourism wont be effected,apart from the need to have private meds holiday insurence/ hols visa as per travelling to the far east or the USA,most of us younger folks started off with holiday homes and one or two weeks holiday every 8 weeks wile uk grafting ,so it will still be do able on the EU outside in the worst case,what will be hit,as you have pointed out,is the 24/7 brit pound spend and local property market sales turn over,because in this area,the brits are the sales & spend engine room.

to me the only thing they are "un planning for"is a hard brexit,however this will split the uk union and Queen LizzyBet & Co wont want to go down in the history books as the Monarc that lost the UK Union,after 310 year of uk luved up ness,apparently the UK  Monarc rules by devine right from God,so this really will look crap on the CV come up stairs day.....bless.

very intresting times,let have a HARD Brexit and see how big these euro Septics hard balls realy are.

yer can certainly see how relgion got a hold after witnessing all this Brexit Red Bus Bxllocks un fold and the bam boozeling of the masses by the few......

ps,if they go for a real hard isolation brexit,and every bxggers up in arms.... May & bunkem smith  & under cover remainer Goldlocks can put it to the punters again.....OR even better blame the mp,s that voted for it because there from brexit area,s and dernt do X all else, then say its not me guv,if it does go tits ,ie a bit more bam boozeling take 2

zilnor

Roger,
People went on holiday to Spain , and worked in Spain and other parts of Europe , before the EU ( Common Market ) was formed.
In 1970, a friend and I worked in a hotel near Bordeaux for six months, followed  by three months work in a hotel near Lloret de Mar. In both countries  our UK passports were accepted as the best possible form of ID and we were made welcome by the locals as part of the work force. No problems with " free movement" or " residency rules" .

PhillipJLloyd

Ex pats living in Spain is not tourism, its immigration, 2 totally different things, even a politician should know that !

Roger

Why would anyone think that the Spanish Government would have no interest in issues which will affect the most important economy of the country, tourism.

Roy Thomas

Exactly.

The reason Mrs May is not in a hurry to action Article 50 is whether Soft or hard Bretix  is the solution going forward will the EU and the Euro have crumpled by 2018/19.

That should be more of a worry to us Expats in Spain.

PhillipJLloyd

Why should they ???

Does an employer worry about an ex-employee,
Does a manager worry about a player that's gone to another team,
When you've jumped ship don't expect a hand back on board !

Roy Thomas

Exactly the same as what UK Politian's if they were honest with themselves give about UK Expats in Spain.

Tetley

Quote from: zilnor on January 04, 2017, 15:33:36 PM
The Spanish politicians in Seville and Madrid won't give a s--t about expats in the Almanzora valley, or the local Spanish who may suffer as a result of Brexit.

its also worth a mention,that they dont give a monkeys abought ex pats in the uk either,as QC  Mellor said to my young kid ,on LBC, youl left the uk....tuff !

casablanca

Quote from: zilnor on January 04, 2017, 15:33:36 PM
The Spanish politicians in Seville and Madrid won't give a s--t about expats in the Almanzora valley, or the local Spanish who may suffer as a result of Brexit.

Unfortunately I believe you are right but also believe that it is not the time to do nothing. We should all make as much "noise" as possible in line with Roger's proposals in the hope that someone somewhere will listen.
I have written to my MP outlining the concerns that Roger has put forward and two weeks later had a reply along with a copy of a subsequent letter he, my MP, sent to David Davis (The Brexit Minister) expressing my concerns.
Now I am not so naïve as to believe this will make a difference but if enough people did this, it just might?? Even if it doesn't I can have some satisfaction in knowing that I have made the effort on behalf of a part of Spain, and it's people, of which/whom I have grown very fond and owe a debt of gratitude for there welcoming kindness.
Also I still have a vote in all UK elections.

zilnor

Tetley

Spain wont be sitting down,its already been said,any deal with brits goes through the 27 member state team.... hence my veiw,get prepared for a HARD Brexit or No Brexit,ie if the UK Bottles it,or remains in the EEA.

PhillipJLloyd

The UK is in a mess, whether it was Brexit or no Brexit.
Nothing will be done until article 50 plus at least 2 years !!
Their first priority when leaving the EU is anyone who lives here, legally that is. People who are taking money out of the UK economy and choosing to spent it in another country, not a priority, but still have at least 2 years to sort things out out for themselves.
As for sitting in Spain and demanding, probably not the best choice of words !!

The plus, you're in Spain, they would be foolish to not sit down with the UK and do a deal.

Roger

The problem is that the UK Government is in a mess over Brexit.
It has been over 6 months since the referendum and nothing has happened.
That is a problem for the UK.
But as far as I am concerned we have to stand up and present our issues as vocally as possible.
If we do not we only have ourselves to blame.
The only clear promise we have is that the UK will protect EU citizens in the UK
IF THEY GET PROTECTION FOR UK CITIZENS IN THE EU.
This is good, but we MUST explain to the UK Government exactly what we need.
1. Right of residence, now and for ever.
2. Protection for our health care.
3. Right to vote.
4. Access to Spanish Social Services.

If we do not demand we will not get.

Also we are informing Spanish politicians about the economic disaster in this region if there is not free movement for UK citizens.
For Spanish politicians in Sevilla and Madrid this is something they will not understand.
Hence our campaign of information.

felipe

At least in doing what Roger has will inform these people that there are tens of thousands of expats concerned about what will happen to them after brexit. Not doing anything and not informing them will indicate that expats are not concerned. Better to inform rather than sit on your backside doing nothing.

PhillipJLloyd

Do you really think they are going to take notice of a letter from the Town Hall in Arboleas. You better send a map with it, so they at least will know where it is .

Tetley

Rog
to be fair i think your going to have to get the old school labour tie on,ring a few old contacts and have a meeting with corbine,letters will just go on the..... pile.

also young clegg and farron may be worth a meet as would Anna Soudbry.

basikly

IF  they Brexit it will be HARD  and people should prepare themselfs for HARD.

http://reaction.life/civil-service-revolting-will-sir-jeremy-heywood-next/

Roger

NEW YEAR REPORT

On the following web site
www.arboleaslive.com
I have given a brief report on the prospects for 2007,
including Innovation 14, the Medical Centre, Urban Works and the Social Centre.

Of course a big issue for not just Arboleas but the whole region is the effect which Brexit may have on our rights and on the local economy.
I have reported on the resolution which Arboleas Council has approved and the future action we will be taking on this.
I have also included a draft of a letter which I am urging everyone to send to key people in the UK, given that we are now about to enter the negotiation stage.
I have written on behalf of the Town Hall to the following people:-
Prime Minister, Jeremy Corbyn, Nick Clegg and Hilary Benn (Chair of the Select Committee).
The more people who write a personal letter the more effect it will have.