possible problem with flat tiled roof

Started by Cielos, December 28, 2016, 16:28:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stil

Sometimes your problem will be to do with your membrane. Normally it covers all the roof and then goes up around the edges approx 150_200 mm. If the render fails above this water will get in. Check around the edges first as you may not need to seal it. Sealer isn't a permanent fix. When it's out of sight it's out mind so they say. You only notice after the damage has been done.

Tetley

Our roof is broken marble with cement joints,if you ask in lapanto diy for the clear roof paint sealer,they will know what you need as i dont have an old tub to get a refrence from.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Cielos

Cheers Tetley

Ours is tiled so I guess the clear sealant isn't an option?  Please pm me with product details if you get a minute - thanks

Tetley

Quote from: Cielos on December 28, 2016, 16:28:32 PM
Flat tiled roof may have problem with water ingress

Need someone who knows what they are talking about, any recs please pm me
Also feel free to warn me who to avoid - via pm of course

Thanks

we have a flat roof, 100m2 no leaks ,they need painting with clear sealer once every 2 years and any cement gaps need checking re filling with new cement or silicone.

the clear sealer is like a pva its abought 35e for 15 litre and lapanto allbox will get it to order.
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Cielos

Flat tiled roof may have problem with water ingress

Need someone who knows what they are talking about, any recs please pm me
Also feel free to warn me who to avoid - via pm of course

Thanks