FM transport

Started by Spanish Tangerine, December 23, 2016, 05:31:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish Tangerine

Very happy to say that Fred Morris has finally delivered my goods. After 2 months of waiting and finally reporting the matter to the police :clap my stuff was delivered this week. :bravo_2:
Bobby

jb

Let the police sort it there's to much of this going on .good luck .jb

Spanish Tangerine

If Fred would reply to my trying to contact him, or give me his new address I'm sure we could sort things out. But he just doesn't answer anything.
Bobby

tandas

So if Fred had died then what?  Won't they accept a letter of concent if you can get one from Fred that is.

Spanish Tangerine

I have already tried that route. Offered to pick the stuff up, but, the storage people will not allow me to collect, it has to be Fred !!
Bobby

tandas

Why don't you just arrange with the storage depot to pick your stuff up using a new transporter.  Fred Morris was going to retire some time ago due to bad health but the deal he had to sell his business fell through.  It doesn't excuse him not contacting you and dealing with your delivery but it seems if you want your stuff back you'll have to get it yourself.

Spanish Tangerine

An update. Fred Morris has failed once again to deliver, promised delivery on Wed. waited 2 days and nothing.
Anyone wanting goods transported, be very careful.
The police are now looking at Mr. Morris and I hope he gets all he deserves. :38:
Bobby

Queen Clare Shirley

ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

John n Julie

Well if it was Fred Phillips I do not know why you cannot reach him as I have just spoke to him, He says Please do not mix him up with another Fred who does this type of work. He has asked me to put his number here for those who need it, F
Regards
John :051bye:
If you have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all!

Spanish Tangerine

Further to my last posting. Unfortunately I had to get the police involved as Fred just did not answer any communications.
The police called at Freds house on Friday last week and it was empty, they then went to his storage depot and were told that he is still using the facility. They gave him another number for Fred and his wife answered the phone. They are in Devon and so say retired.
The following day we received a text from Fred saying that he had been unable to get anyone to deliver my property but would try again this week. Maybe it's true but doesn't explain why he didn't respond .
On Monday we had a call from Storage King, Freds storage people and they confirmed that my goods were indeed at their faciilty and were arranging for them to be delivered to me this week.
I will be waiting with baited breath.
It is now 3 months since Fred took the stuff from me in Arboleas, a bit too long for  my way of thinking.
We shall see !!.
Bobby

PhillipJLloyd

It does sound a bit strange, is he a member of the forum, and they do have phones and internet in Devon !!

coledomain

We can confirm Fred moved to Devon in December, we collected items from his Dunstable store in November and both Nancy and Fred advised us they were moving from Luton in the next couple of weeks. He told us he had a couple of guys who they hoped would carry on the business but did not give us any details. I am surprised he is not responding to mob phone contact we have used him many times over the last few years and never had a problem. I hope you manage to contact him and recover your possessions.

Spanish Tangerine

He doesn't answer the phone or reply to e nails !!
Bobby

CT

He's given you both an e-mail address and a mobile phone number, are you saying they don't work ?

Spanish Tangerine

Thanks for that, but this doesn't help with my situation. He knows where I am and has failed to deliver after making lots of excuses. He's moved to Devon, but where !! No address, no contact info.
I suspect this may be a smokescreen !!
Bobby

AnnieR

This is a copy of an email I received. I assumed (obviously wrongly0 that it had gone to all his customers.
Hi All

Firstly let me wish you all a very merry Christmas and a fantastic New Year.

As you all know I have been having some major problems with the website and it is now completely unusable. The company that were supposed to have removed the malware have completely messed up and despite several requests have failed to correct matters so I am having to build a new site altogether. I will let you know the new web address as soon as it is built. Additionally to this their incompetence has now migrated to my emails and they are also useless. No matter what I do I cannot send or receive! As a result I have resorted to my alternate email address fmtransport46@gmail.com. If you want to contact me please use this address instead.

Despite all these problems we are still operating normally with the exception of the supermarket shopping which is currently on hold as I have just moved house to Devon and it is not possible to have the shopping delivered here. I will find another solution to this problem and let you know the outcome as soon as possible. Normal deliveries of general goods can still be sent to the store in Dunstable. The address remains the same.

Currently we don't have a landline telephone number but I can still be contacted on my mobile number which is shown below. Also we won't have any internet until the 29th of December so my replies may be a bit patchy and not immediate.

You've got to laugh, these things are sent to try us and as long as I keep smiling it'll be alright in the end.

My best to you all, thank you for your past custom over the years and here's to 2017, it's going to be a brilliant year!! 😁

Kind regards
Fred & Nancy
FM Transport
+44 (0) 7 977 754 389

felipe

Annie, It may be useful to others if you posted that info on the forum. I know of others that are having trouble.

AnnieR

Spanish Tangerine, I sent you a pm regarding Fred, with copy of email I had received which partly explains the contact difficulties. Did you not get it?

Spanish Tangerine

If it's of any interest, I left Arboleas at the end of Nov. Fred was supposed to deliver to me when I got here.
Hence a month of trying to get my property !!
Bobby

PhillipJLloyd

Why have you left it so long, you sent them in October ??

Spanish Tangerine

My post is about Fred Morris of FM transport Luton.
Bobby

felipe

FM Transport is Fred Morris

KJH3

So it would appear that some have labelled the wrong person. i do hope they are man enough (excuse the saying) and apologise to the innocent party

Tetley

Quote from: Dave S on December 30, 2016, 15:43:04 PM
Fred Phillips big truck / trailor is parked outside the New Medical Center and has been since before Christmas.
[/quote

Correct,he also has just dropped me some MG  bits off last week .
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Dave S

Fred Phillips big truck / trailor is parked outside the New Medical Center and has been since before Christmas.

Tetley

Quote from: CT on December 30, 2016, 15:17:29 PM
So which Fred are people phoning and e-mailing ? Surely Fred Phillips would have corrected them by now if it's not him ?

Its NOT  Fred Phillips...... he,s an International HGV Lorry Co established since the 1960,s and one of the Lorrys is in Arboleas now,infact its abought 80 ft long so even the speck savers folks should be able to spot  it !
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

CT

So which Fred are people phoning and e-mailing ? Surely Fred Phillips would have corrected them by now if it's not him ?

shadeseeker

I suspect that some people are not reading the title of this thread with full attention and that quite wrongly an innocent Fred is being drawn into this problem!
Excuse the pun!
The original post was about FM Transport based in Luton according to their website.
The other very well known and respected Fred is based in Kent and to the best of my knowledge he is not connected to the business in question.
'tis better to remain silent and appear an idiot than to open your mouth and forever remove all doubt! (translation from Ancient Wisdom of Confucius)

Tetley

off topic

i belive the transport folks had to get a special EU  type permit to carry peoples goods as well,its only a vauge conversation i had a wile back,but it might be worth checking out ,befor you send your  valuable goods anywere . ( especially going through France,as the cops love UK Motor checks at the tolls )

Spanish Tangerine

I have been trying to contact Fred for a month now. He answered when he didn't recognise the phone number and made some poor excuse, since then nothing. No response to e mails.
I have now put this matter in the hands of the police. Anyone who has any property with him beware.
Bobby

Pickaxe

Quote from: Spanish Tangerine on December 23, 2016, 05:31:04 AM
Good morning,
                     Does anyone have any information about FM transport of Luton.
I sent a load of my goods to the UK with Fred in October and they haven't arrived.

I spoke to Fred and he promised delivery last week. Since then, nothing, and now I am unable to contact him, he isn't answering his phones and I am very concrened.
Any information greatly appreciated.

having the same trouble wont answer the phone wont return e/mails
second time of using and the last

Spanish Tangerine

I also have used Fred for many years, that is why I am concerned. Never had a problem before, but seem to have one now
Bobby

CT

Strange, I've used Fred over many years and always found him very reliable and prompt with his deliveries, I hope he's not ill but then he has other people working for him.He does have a villa in Arboleas but I don't know the address.

Spanish Tangerine

Good morning,
                     Does anyone have any information about FM transport of Luton.
I sent a load of my goods to the UK with Fred in October and they haven't arrived.

I spoke to Fred and he promised delivery last week. Since then, nothing, and now I am unable to contact him, he isn't answering his phones and I am very concrened.
Any information greatly appreciated.
Bobby