BREXIT NEGOTIATIONS

Started by Roger, December 09, 2016, 15:04:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PhillipJLloyd

You mean there is a plan Tetley ??

Tetley

Looks like its all going to plan anyway campers  ........ ::)

:smiley:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

casablanca

casablanca

Quote from: Tetley on December 12, 2016, 11:36:43 AM
Quote from: Karen4 on December 12, 2016, 10:45:58 AM
I've been suggesting for a while now that England could go its own way and leave the rest of us who want to remain in Europe to do just that!

Or

wi can mebee find England some were to conquer,then they can all move there and we can ceep England all non Brexit luved up.....,might need ti borrow the welsh football team for a wile tho,till wi get up & running,wi dont want 11 barmy English Bxggers mecking a show of our new Brit European home land.

:))
http://newsthump.com/2016/12/12/brexit-to-make-everyone-poorer-except-lawyers-confirm-lawyers/   :thumbsup:

We could declare war one Wales, we should win that one? Kill two birds with one stone eh? We could stay in EU with Wales and pinch their football team :thumbsup:

Tetley

Quote from: Karen4 on December 12, 2016, 10:45:58 AM
I've been suggesting for a while now that England could go its own way and leave the rest of us who want to remain in Europe to do just that!

Or

wi can mebee find England some were to conquer,then they can all move there and we can ceep England all non Brexit luved up.....,might need ti borrow the welsh football team for a wile tho,till wi get up & running,wi dont want 11 barmy English Bxggers mecking a show of our new Brit European home land.

:))

http://newsthump.com/2016/12/12/brexit-to-make-everyone-poorer-except-lawyers-confirm-lawyers/   :thumbsup:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Hi Karen
People must also understand that a large number of the population in Wales voted to remain. Cardiff and the Vale of Glamorgan for example.  :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Karen4

Cl3880

Tetley

Quote from: Hogs on December 11, 2016, 22:57:41 PM
Perhaps many might just enjoy their days Tets if the armchair Politikals and  the Doom and Gloomers would stop professing their endless posts about Brexit ! Especially when Spain is such a modern urbane Country where everything runs like a Swiss watch !

Here here Hogs yer certainly Blessed wi mi on the daily  panel..joining the dotts up fo yers all ,this been able to think outside of the box certainly comes in UK/ EU Andy  :wink: :laugh:

union split ? going to happen ?  i dont fink so mi luvlies

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2016/dec/12/england-wales-eu-brexit-article-50

zilnor

Tetley

Quote from: felipe on December 10, 2016, 12:07:37 PM
Roger had every right to inform those of us that wanted to stay in the EU and remain living in Spain. If you do not like living here go back to the UK. It certainly comes across that you would rather be in the UK.

Roger is helping with suggestions and not telling The UK what to do. There are thousands of us living here that want to live out our lives here. So why should we not request the UK gov take into account our needs.

to be fair Roger is doing his best,and all our folks of any age shouldent have to be head workin this shxt,folks have enough on,even those living in the sun,for what its worth,i carnt see em gettin there uk act together to exit,so just think X it and enjoy yer days.

:)

PhillipJLloyd

Tetley

The most confussed seem  to be the ................. UK government at mo  :whistle:

Karen4

:lol: Well anyone who can't grasp the difference between Britain and the UK is more than confused, and probably shouldn't have been allowed to vote in the first place!  :wink: :lol:
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

Karen4

You sound a little bit confused! Anyone who is a British citizen certainly has every right to be concerned about what happens in Britain/UK. Anyone who pays tax in the UK has every right to be concerned about what happens there, and, indeed, should be entitled to a say as to what happens there.
Such a lot of silliness about who can say this, and who can say that...no matter where people live there will always be concerns about their future. The massive change that Brexit/UKexit may bring about has huge relevance to those who choose to live in Spain, and who came here under what may turn out to be a completely different set of rules.
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

My apologies to Roger, I agree everyone can have their say, and obviously look after their own interests.
It must be a bit worrying for anyone who has tied up their life savings in Spain and relies on a UK (Karen 4) pension.

Its a mess, both sides thought it would be easy, out meaning completely out, and in, well they never thought for a minute that it would be an out win !!
It was far more complicated than just an in / out vote for the average "man", now even the so called experts don't know what to do !!

felipe

Roger had every right to inform those of us that wanted to stay in the EU and remain living in Spain. If you do not like living here go back to the UK. It certainly comes across that you would rather be in the UK.

Roger is helping with suggestions and not telling The UK what to do. There are thousands of us living here that want to live out our lives here. So why should we not request the UK gov take into account our needs.

Karen4

By "Britain", do you mean the UK? A gentle reminder that Britain can't leave the EU but the UK can.
Cl3880

PhillipJLloyd

Roger, you've made your choice, for whatever reason, the vote was out, don't tell Britain what to do ,while living in Spain !!

Roger

The UK cannot afford to expell thousands of Spanish who run the care homes and NHS.
The UK cannot afford for 1 million expats returning to use the NHS.
The Spanish cannot afford to expell the British because the local economy will collapse.
So a deal will be done.
We have to make sure that all these 4 clauses are included in the agreement.
Remember local tourism sustains the Spanish economy. That includes us who have bought property here.

Tetley

Rog to be honest,you can bring JC down from heaven as well,but the only Brexit will be a hard Brexit, most people dont give a toss abought ex pats or british councillours both sides ie spain /uk .

my veiw is

if they come out....it will split the union,ie the UK  one,wich they may not want to do,especially if it causes a kick of in Northan Irealand with a new re unification drive

if they come out....and its a BIG IF ,my veiw is the EU  will offer the Brits EU Citizenship,wich will undermine the Brexit.

as for the medical,expect to pay,the same as you would as a Brit in the USA or South Africa.... in the worst case,as the system is all ready up & running for under retirment EX Pats.

if i had to put a grand on it,it say the EU  will screw the UK to the floor, infact  they will have to,because otherwise it opens the gates to the likes of the Catalans ....so i think  the Brexit will get lost in a sea of UK & EU Legals.

if not were looking at a VERY HARD  Brexit.

keep smilling  :)

At some point i will go and see Alan Johnstone,just to put him in the full picture from the Arboleas end .

the other thing is.... if all the ex pats join the labour party i dont think its expensive for pensioners and ex pats may get a voice.

Roger

BREXIT NEGOTIATIONS

After a delay of 6 months it now seems clear that the negotiations will start in the next few months, and it is also becoming clear the main issues which have to be resolved. These issues will predominantly concern access to free trade.
Of course what concerns residents in Spain is free movement and also associated issues.
In my opinion it is now the opportune time to present our concerns and problems directly so that we are not overlooked in the complex negotiations. This will add to the work being carried out by various organisations on behalf of British citizens.

I have sent letters from Arboleas Town Hall to the Prime Minister and leading opposition MPs to explain the issues which affect British citizens resident in Spain.
These issues include the following:-

a) Right of residence, which is currently protected as EU citizens.

b) Access to the Spanish health system, under the bilateral agreement with the UK.

c) The right to vote in elections for our local councillors every 4 years.

d) Access to Spanish Social Services provided by the Spanish Government.

The only way this approach will be successful is if it is backed up by individual letters to MPs.
I therefore urge EVERYONE to do this. Do not leave it to others and expect that our interests will be safeguarded unless YOU play your part.

In addition, in consultation with Cristobal I am also in the process of preparing a detailed resolution to be presented to the next Pleno of Arboleas Council, this resolution to be sent to the Spanish Government.