Cantoria and Surrounding area Schools

Started by macoll, November 04, 2016, 08:47:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

StellaL

Good advice Claire, but with respect the majority of ex-pats in Cantoria are well past the stage of having  children at school.
Stella

Queen Clare Shirley

I have two children 10 and 12 they were born here and they are doing well in Albox schools, I don't know what the Cantoria schools are like so I cant comment.

first start them off learning Spanish because its a huge jump and they are quite old when they move here, give them some sort of base to help them integrate and understand. Im sure there are English kids in the Cantoria school but sometimes hanging out with Brits doesn't help, it didn't when I moved here as 10 year old, it actually hindered me until we were split up in class.

The school runs from 9-2pm with a 15 minute break there is no lunchbreak. They don't have half term and shorter holidays at Christmas and Easter but get 12 weeks off in the summer months.

Our school has a program for helping kids who are foreign and I would imagine Cantoria has it too.

I thought someone should answer your post even if it wasnt as helpful as it could be
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

macoll

Hi

I would be grateful if anyone has children that go to Cantoria or surrounding area Schools that I could chat to.  We are seriously considering the move and I have a 9 & 7 year old.  My mum has a place there and will be living there permanently so we want to follow :-)

Many Thanks