La Cena

Started by flimflam, November 02, 2016, 20:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lorraine

I recently had my first visit to La Cena. First shock was the school dinner lady demanding what we wanted when we had barely sat down. I'd heard the front of house left a lot to be desired, so wasn't surprised. My party all had reasonable meals but I was disappointed that garlic mushrooms was three mushrooms cut in halves with salad. Anyway, will go again as it was very good value for money and so much better than most of the Spanish restaurants when it came to decoration and seating.

lmj52

As with all things people will differ in their opinions. We've been twice, sorry not a good experience. I'll say no more.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

ColinC

Quote from: Lynden on November 13, 2016, 17:19:02 PM
I really can't see what's going on in this thread. I've been to La Cena on many occasions, and again last night. The food as usual was excellent....and I had fishcakes....I have NEVER had a mediocre course there let alone a poor meal.
This is probably the best restaurant for miles around.
The comments are ridiculous. €12 for a 3 course meal with wine is fantastic value, and the standard is very high indeed. From the comments you would think that the critique was for Michelin star standard.
People get real.
All I can say is go and try for yourselves, and you will need to book a table....that should tell you how good it really is.

Six of us went there last week ..it was faultless..

Lynden

I really can't see what's going on in this thread. I've been to La Cena on many occasions, and again last night. The food as usual was excellent....and I had fishcakes....I have NEVER had a mediocre course there let alone a poor meal.
This is probably the best restaurant for miles around.
The comments are ridiculous. €12 for a 3 course meal with wine is fantastic value, and the standard is very high indeed. From the comments you would think that the critique was for Michelin star standard.
People get real.
All I can say is go and try for yourselves, and you will need to book a table....that should tell you how good it really is.

RoyBoy

Never again,no fish in the fish cake,little pulled pork all sauce.and then we were charged for bread.there were 20 of us they couldn,t cope.and the meals were all pre booked.

Eddie

Never had any problems there. The food is always great. I think it is nice to see a place with some life.

Jellybaby

We have been here twice & will not be going again, the attitude of the female owner leaves a lot to be desired.
Sue

KJH3

This place is getting a few bad comments over recent months, they should pay attention, bad reviews spread very quickly

casabonita

:snowman: Now that's an early Xmas party/dinner 2nd Nov!

flimflam

Went with friends - we had a table for 6 - and one of our friends was a bit unwell - and asked if she could have vegetables instead of salad.  Was told NO!!
So I went and asked if we could pay extra for the change. Which was allowed.
Then we had to endure a large group of 'ladies' who had booked their Christmas Party.  :banana-santa: They were VERY LOUD AND NOISY -(there was about 18 of them) we could not hear each other think - let alone have a conversation.  However, - the owner seemed to think this was acceptable !!! :rant:

She should have closed her restaurant to all other guests - and booked this party in as a separate booking.  It was totally unacceptable to have a large
party - playing party games etc when other diners were out with a few friends.  I politely asked if they could be a little quieter - and was totally ignored!!! :smackhead:
I've said it was 'ladies' - but I don't think many of them were.!!  They seemed to think we were 'party poopers'!!!
If you do decide to brave a meal there - I'd check that there are no large parties booked in!!!

We will never be going again!!!! :tiphat: