Bars in general

Started by sparkiemike, October 15, 2016, 17:58:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Agree Sparkie.  The point has been made.

Sorry Terry. :shakehands:

sparkiemike

:wave:

Mods let's lock this before it starts getting stupid

Mike

:tiphat:
Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

sharon123

No it was la vida some years ago he work there with his Mrs. But i think that has always been English owned.

Karen4

Maybe it's time to let this one go now Pepe? I think you have made your point, and perhaps any further wrangling should be done by PM. I get a bit uncomfortable when someone on a public forum such as this one continues to press the point and attack another on a personal level - and I'm certainly not the only one who feels like this! Do your blood pressure a favour and let it go, have a beer or a cup of coffee, and enjoy the sunshine.
Cl3880

pepe

Yes Byrney Terry is avoiding the question because he and his wife worked in a English bar in between his Golf ???

byrney

Did you not see the accompanying smiley wink Pepe?!!  :wink:

pepe

What is difficult about asking someone a simple question to a simple Anwser I know they worked in a English bar they say they have never stepped in a English bar.

pepe

Terry worked in Molinos English bar with his wife so he has step foot in a English bar what is difficult about that

byrney

Don't ask difficult questions Pepe  :wink:

pepe

Telcaz did you and your wife work for bar malinos the English bar in Santa Peta for Brian Dee ???

Escocia John

We're fortunate here in La Alfoquia to have a couple of Spanish bars that seem to manage to cater pretty well for Spanish and British (and other nationalities) resident in the village. The atmosphere in these places is generally good, but I guess I won't be running into Terry in either of them anytime soon!

terryleg

100% with you there young Tetley !     

Tetley

I just find  it hard to belive people are living the dream........... :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

telcaz

I never critisised or condemed Brit bars, all i said i don't use them because i came to live in Spain for two reasons, 1, for the climate, and not for health reasons, and 2, to embrace the Spanish culture, by learning the language, with which i am still having difficulties, i never drank Coffee until i came to live here, and as for Tea i havent had a cup of that for over 70 years, i go out every day for my breakfast which consists of an Coffee Americano, and a Tostada with Olive oil, and if on the odd occasion i fancy Fish and Chips i cook them myself and after all that i might add, my wife works as a Chef in a Brit Restaurant, which i never visit.
                                                                                                                                 Terry.

philt

well said jay. maybe those who are always having a go should take a good look at themselves. yes they are making a difficult legal living over here unlike some who will claim their pensions over in the UK but yet still do illegal work over here. But you could not have put that more eloquently. I have only been here a matter of months and I am shocked at the way some people are always having a go at ex pats who work here. 

lmj52

Well put Jay. The issue I see some times with "Brit bars" is every night is a party night. Sometimes I would like to have a quiet drink, bit of food and relax in pleasant surroundings.  :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Jay

Why is it always about us and them? whether you choose to frequent a Spanish or a British place, it is rediculous. That is like saying when I go to the UK I do not use any place that is not pure British because when I return for a visit I need to encase myself in all things British, what a load of codswholope. I have been to my fair share of Spanish places that make you feel as welcome as a veruca in a swimming pool, where the food served is well below par and with the tv blaring and old boys shouting the only difference is that you do not understand what they are say about you. Like wise I have been to British places that make you feel really welcome, the food has been exceptional and if you bother asking they are more than happy to turn down any ambient noise but, not being able to mind read you HAVE TO ASK.

You should go to places where you feel comfortable, where you get what suits you as a consumer, I do not drink coffee so if I go to a Spanish place I tend to ask for a mint tea because the Spanish tea is not to my palette, if I want a cup of tea I would go to a British place because I have a good chance of getting British styled tea, I only once asked for a cup of tea in a spanish bar as I would in the UK, "tea with cold milk" and that is literally what I got, a Spanish teabag stuffed in a glass of cold milk, lesson learned.

It seems very easy to bitch about Brit bars, what they do not do and I see an awful lot of that on forums, deserved or not is not the point. If you have an issue with the place take it up wth the owners first, don't smile a thank you and then write your expert review on a forum on how bad it was! We are not all clones, we enjoy different things and rightly so, we are entitled to our opinions and entitled to air those opinions but only after the owner has had the oportunity to defend themselves. All they are trying to do is make a legal living, pay their taxes and offer a service to those who do still want that little bit of Britian, because either they take comfort from it or are still struggling with language.  Not everyone leaves the UK because they want to become a Spaniard, some leave because the climate is more suited to their health needs and some leave because it is cheaper for them to live here than in the UK, and they can have a decent standard of living instead of the poverty line.

The reason that the UK has such a rich mix of restaurants, bars and cafes that offer food from all over the world has nothing to do with "oh we must cater for the Brits", they are choosing to cater for the local expat community who visits them for that little taste of home and are proud to frequent that place, and as a result Brits have access to the diversity, but we seem to be the only culture that takes pleasure bashing someone for getting off their arse and actually doing something. Running a bar, restaurant or infact any business is not easy and until you have walked in their shoes, dealt with their Spanish red tape and bureaucracy and put the time and effort in have some consideration, that these people are human and have feelings and sometimes how you treat them reflects more on you than it should do on them.

byrney

You tell me - my post was -

"I thought you might once upon a time have more than frequented an "English Bar" - apologies if I am totally mistaken".

telcaz

"byrney" and what English bar have you seen me in?
                                                       Terry.

sparkiemike

Quote from: KJH3 on October 16, 2016, 14:08:30 PM
Bars/Restaurants tend to be flavour of the month with some Brits, all over them with praise for a few weeks then sticking the knife in the next few weeks

There we have it too many people have too much time on their hands with lack of aspirations

Mike

KJH3

So someone who says one thing and does another, well there we have it

byrney

Pickaxe

Quote from: byrney on October 16, 2016, 16:37:36 PM
"I have no idea, because i never have, and never will use Brit bars, i didn't come to live in Spain to spend my time in home from home situations, i even hate it when i go into my favourite bar/bars and hear English voices" - sorry, Telcaz, I thought you might once upon a time have more than frequented an "English Bar" - apologies if I am totally mistaken.
some one knows some one

byrney

"I have no idea, because i never have, and never will use Brit bars, i didn't come to live in Spain to spend my time in home from home situations, i even hate it when i go into my favourite bar/bars and hear English voices" - sorry, Telcaz, I thought you might once upon a time have more than frequented an "English Bar" - apologies if I am totally mistaken.

KJH3

Bars/Restaurants tend to be flavour of the month with some Brits, all over them with praise for a few weeks then sticking the knife in the next few weeks

sparkiemike

telcaz

I have no idea, because i never have, and never will use Brit bars, i didn't come to live in Spain to spend my time in home from home situations, i even hate it when i go into my favourite bar/bars and hear English voices.
                                                                                                                               Terry.

sparkiemike

As a personal observation as a rule over the last ten years the Spanish bars seems to give better service, better food & better value for money

The "Ex pat bars" seem to get the same old crowd & are here today & gone tomorrow.

Could be wrong as I'm in no doubt I'll be told but look at Azabache, Meson, Irene,

Darwinism, the strong survive

Mike