Why was the Monarch thread blocked

Started by zilnor, September 30, 2016, 20:44:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zilnor

Macc,
I don't always agree with your postings but I do on this one !  :clap:  :clap:   :wave:

macc

Quote from: johnny on October 01, 2016, 14:30:21 PM
(DON't hijack my thread!!) The finance is far from sorted..they only have an additional 12 days to get funding in place.
I don,t think you had a thread. No question, no comment, no answers, no conversation. You posted a BBC news link. What exactly were you looking for from the forum members. You say they only have 12 days to get funding in place as if it,s the end of the world. Whats your question. It can be very annoying when people hijack a link you spent ages composing, :whistle: but going off topic is normal and can lead to interesting and funny postings. I know a lot of posters on here of late dislike any kind of humour and prefer to moan, but life,s to short to be worrying about what people write on the forum. Bitching and abuse of members, now that,s something that needs to be kept in check. Remember, you do have the facility to ignore anybody you wish would just shut up,  :banana-santa: :banana-santa:  

Iberlynx

The owners of Monarch have been looking for a buyer for quite some time and I think that of all the UK airlines they are the oldest still trading under their original name.

zilnor

Pick axe,
Why not ? England is on the continent of Europe.  :wave:

johnny

(DON't hijack my thread!!) The finance is far from sorted..they only have an additional 12 days to get funding in place.
Johnny

Pickaxe

Quote from: felipe on October 01, 2016, 08:51:07 AM
It had gone way off topic and was getting personal by the same old suspects. I will not have it going back to what it was during Brexit. The forum has been going really nicely lately with no bitching, yet once again one or two have to spoil it.
[
/quote]
didit think you could be english and european at the same time

casablanca

Yes Tetley, as you say only a reprieve - think it said on the BBC it was for a further 12 days then they have to prove that the investment they say is imminent comes good.

Tetley

Apparently,they only have a tempory deal in place till mid Oct.....so it aint done yet.

:outtahere:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

felipe

It had gone way off topic and was getting personal by the same old suspects. I will not have it going back to what it was during Brexit. The forum has been going really nicely lately with no bitching, yet once again one or two have to spoil it.

nibbler

Liz, as you know if someone says something of a personal nature that you don't like you can always PM them. :sun:
Nibbler  :tiphat:

zilnor

Imj,  I realise that, no problems.  :wave:
As I said, I agree with your post about hijacking and going off topic. More people need to be civil .

lmj52

Liz my comment was not directed to you specifically. Just a general observation of threads lately.  :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

zilnor

I never  slagged anyone off. I wanted to reply to Tetley's post who referred to mine as " bull snit".
Ah well, such is life.
I do agree that too much "off topic " goes on. Some posters whatever the subject is, resort to insults and derogatory comments rather than make a positive and constructive input, regardless of their views.

Tetley

the finance & licence is sorted ,lets move on  :biggrin:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

lmj52

Because as usual it was hijacked and went off topic and people started slanging off again. Probably.
If people can't be civil don't post!
:tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

zilnor

Why has the Monarch thread been blocked ? I wanted to reply to a post .