La Cena

Started by landrock, September 24, 2016, 18:17:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

roboman

Four of us went to La Cena last night, as usual everything was good, food better than good we have been maybe 20 times and the standard has allways been top notch, even got a free bottle of cava as it was my bday.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

johnhc

Always loved their food, service usually OK but not exceptional. IMO can't be bettered for quality and value in the local area. One gripe, could do with changing their menu del noche, been through it twice now!!!

SusyQ

Totally agree with regards to customer service, we were told off for being ten minutes late and then informed that we had to order ASAP as they were extemley busy that night ( only one other table occupied ) we walked out never to return.

KJH3

I dont disagree the food is excellent but you do hear these customers service comments, surely not in their interest to court poor comments, Carafe of wine / bottle of water whats the difference, its not as if its costing more is it.

Tetley

Well,i went,thought it was great,plus the lady was Northan that served us,yer carnt get Cod and chips twice in the UK  for there prices,infact i fink il go again

yum yum  :)
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Elgin

Careful you lot!  They didn't like it when they were given an average review on Trip Adviser the last time we went.  It will remain the last time! Stupid really because the food is good.

KJH3

i will still go as i like the food, not in the slightest bothered about wine either. But i have agree they need to look at the customer service. Once a business thinks it has everything right, its in danger.

casabonita

Sorry yes should of been clearer, if someone asks could they have a bottle of water instead of the wine as the woman is pregnant just give them the water.

byrney

"What is wrong with people" - Casa bonita - do you mean what is wrong with the owners or what is wrong with the customers?.....

casabonita

What is wrong with people. :banghead:

landrock

I know most people, including us, think its pretty good. But my lad and his pregnant wife went down last week and asked if instead of the carafe of wine on the menu del noche, they could have a bottle of water. They were told no, take it or leave it.  They bought a bottle of water, don't know what happened to their carafe of wine. Hardly customer friendly, I'd say. They weren't impressed, neither was I. Shame really, as we've always enjoyed it. Doubt we'll bother again.