Rental agreement, is it secure?

Started by tr, August 21, 2016, 15:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tetley

Quote from: tr on August 21, 2016, 15:29:49 PM
Hi, What is the current rental agreement criteria to make it legally binding. Does it have to be signed by the incoming tenant and landlord and witnessed by two people like a will?  If there is an agent say and the landlord resides mainly in the U.K. I guess the agent can sign for the landlord and does that mean they cannot then be a witness too? I know it's best to have it translated etc. But I have heard stories that an agreement may still not be watertight and also you may not get a twelve month contract as people say that squatters rights complicate matters if twelve months is given.
Any advice would be great, thanks.

Depends what it is,if your a landlord,you need sound payed for legal advice,as a tennent has a lot of rights here,NEVER  just siing some photo copy that pulled out of a bottom draw.

also if your renting to non spanish people,there contract needs to be in there own language as well as spanish and then translation stamped by a royal collage translator as been legally correct,its no good just putting a spanish written photo copy in front of a Brit to sign as if" tested" it probably wont be worth the paper its printed on

my lad rents a flat in Murcia,he has a simple licence agreement,with a fixed term of 9 months (ie a uni term )the landlord pays the bills,then passes the costs onto the 3 named tennents,also it not like the UK ,were tennents are joint and sevrable liable for the full rent or bills,here  they only pay there share,so if 2 tennants out of three decide to have a 3 month payment holiday.... its not down to the raming tennant to make up the money .

Landlord sound legal advice needed

tennant  sound legal advice needed WITH a contract legally translated and stamped in your own languge by a royal collage translator,ie so your not handing over a grand up front ,for a budgi cage rental for 3 months and you UNDERSTAND what your signing.

both the landlord and tennant have rights in Spain,that are straight forward,as long as the paperwork is CORRECT  from day one,if the paperwork is incorrect ,ie a tennant has signed somthing they do not understand not in there own language as well as spanish putting the tennant at a disadvantge......then there could be problems.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Karen4

I would suggest you visit the Citizens' Advice website as they have all the information you need. I hope it's okay to post the web address on here? It's www.citizensadvice.org.es
Cl3880

tr

Hi, What is the current rental agreement criteria to make it legally binding. Does it have to be signed by the incoming tenant and landlord and witnessed by two people like a will?  If there is an agent say and the landlord resides mainly in the U.K. I guess the agent can sign for the landlord and does that mean they cannot then be a witness too? I know it's best to have it translated etc. But I have heard stories that an agreement may still not be watertight and also you may not get a twelve month contract as people say that squatters rights complicate matters if twelve months is given.
Any advice would be great, thanks.