Bowling Alley

Started by sheilsoft, August 17, 2016, 08:29:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Reiver

Lizzie1201

Maybe you should have asked to speak to the manager :thumbsup:

byrney

As a casual observer, surely this is absolutely what the Forum is about?

It is a long time since we have been to Amigos, but not because I have ever had bad service/food there.  My problem is the noise from the bowling.

I fully understand the fact that a bowling alley is noisy.

Hence, I would not take my dearest and nearest there for a romantic meal.  It is what it is.  A bowling alley, which does great food!  Hey, I remember those mind-numbing nights with groups of kids at various birthday parties in Bury with over=priced food/drinks/machines....

I have absolutely no doubt that with the links to members of this Forum, Amigos will take onboard the comments of the OP.  Good post, which we will all benefit from.

Jinx

I think the original poster was posting about one meal. Being the pie reheated in the microwaved rather than in the oven. Pastry shouldn't be microwaved or you get a soggy pastry. We have on one occasion had the pie on a Sunday and that too had been microwaved. We haven't ordered it since.
The 5 steps after the Hurt .....
Anger,Resentment,Healing,Forgiveness,then Moving On

critts

As I said above I was in there the same night and none of our table had any reason to complain about the food. I assume that when the original poster complained they gave the food back at the same time. Or was it after they had eaten it? If the latter then maybe it was not as bad as made out. If I had food that I thought unpalatable it would have gone straight back. The time to complain is BEFORE you eat it not afterwards.

Daffy

Apologies if this suddenly appears twice, as I posted before and it disappeared!

I disagree jb, apparently a complaint was made at the time in both instances and ignored.
If no complaint was made then I would agree with you.
Surely a forum is the place to give criticism as well as compliments?
Otherwise there would be no point to looking for an honest opinion as it would just be a mutual admiration page!

Tetley

We have eaten there and enjoyed it as a family,my lads band has played there and Rafa and the staff are all very nice approachable & accomodateing folks so maybee its best to have a word directly in person,as not everybody reads or has time to use the Forum.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

jb

Well said Rafa you can't keep every one happy and this should have stayed in house .

Almeria Tenpin Bowling Centre

hi  sheilsoft:

Rafa'm the manager of the bowling alley,
sorry you did not like our leek chicken, unfortunately yesterday we had one day with many people, and not if you attended me in person or not, but what I can not understand the British people, with all possible respect, I do not want seem impolite, it is why I do not transmit their complaints to the responsible and so we can solve your problem at that moment.
If I answer it is because I care deeply about the opinion of my clients, but as you will understand I can not pretend to answer each of the complaints of people whom you can not put face.
I'm sorry you did not like it, but then to put an ugly complaint in such a public place there is much to argue, even matter to me much your opinion, I must tell you that 99% of our customers are satisfied and keep coming back .
a greeting

Rafa
Manager
Ten pin bowling Almeria

G and T

Surely, if an establishment does not deal with you when you are eating there, is there any point in going back and seeing them?

critts

I was there last nite with 5 friends and had the steak pie. I could not fault it. Meat was lovely and tender. It was bloody busy in there though. So maybe you just had a bad un. Although the staff should have dealt with it if you did complain. Why not go back and see them. One bad meal does not make a bad place to eat.

adasingleton

We ate here New Year's Eve, a time to show case the food. It was awful. My husband couldn't eat his pudding as it was still frozen, met with a shrugg also from the waitress. We will never go back to eat.

sheilsoft

Fish and Chips at Bowling Alley....always good, so why did I decide to try something else?
AVOID the Chicken, bacon & leek (homemade) pie.....at all costs!
When will food outlets realise that you do NOT reheat pastry pies in the microwave!
Not only did mine have a soggy bottom, it had a soggy top and soggy sides (it was a corner piece)
The filling was supposed to be a white sauce...NOT
Even when it was heated up, the sauce could stand up on its own....just a gooey, gloopy mound of yuk...unpalatable and stomach churning!
All this was mentioned to the waitress, who seemed to just shrug her shoulders.
AND She charged full price for it 😳
Puts me off EVER going back.