Wi-Fi dropout

Started by HiDi, August 14, 2016, 09:17:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

guest4538

Quote from: HiDi on August 14, 2016, 10:41:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I only just got the router it's a Tenda 300Mbps wireless N easy setup and I have had the iPad next to the router but still only getting around 300Kbps for a short time then it drops out so there is nothing.

A couple of further thoughts, following on from my previous comments.

First, I trust that you have a proper computer hard-wired to your router: without that it might be more difficult to access the router's interface.

Have you actually connected your iPad to your new router's WiFi? Presumably you have a new password for your new router (usually shown on the router label), unless you've changed it (and possibly your network name) on the user interface (192.168.0.1).

If you haven't changed anything, and you are connecting still to your old network, then do you have a WiFi homeplug? If so, that might explain your extremely low signal if it's much further away in your home: and that would need changing to your new network too.

guest4538

Quote from: HiDi on August 14, 2016, 10:41:15 AM
Thanks for the info. I only just got the router it's a Tenda 300Mbps wireless N easy setup and I have had the iPad next to the router but still only getting around 300Kbps for a short time then it drops out so there is nothing.

Oh dear, I'm sorry but I really don't have an answer. Are you sure that the signal you're picking up is from your router, and not your next door neighbour's router? You could take a close look into your router's settings on '192.168.0.1', to ensure that there's no obvious problem and that your iPad is clearly showing in your DHCP client list. You could try changing the WiFi transmission frequency and see if that makes a difference. I know nothing about iPads, but presumably you can also check its settings for any problems.

Good luck.

HiDi

guest4538

Quote from: HiDi on August 14, 2016, 09:17:12 AM
anyone know why the wi-fi drops out, it seems to be ok with 300kbs then suddenly drops to nothing. we live in La Hortichuela and Albox on line is the provider.
Ta

I don't think your WiFi has much to do with your location or internet provider.

The WiFi signal is generated and transmitted by your router. A link speed of 300 kbps seems almost useless anyway! I can only assume that your receiving device is a long way from your router. Test it near your router: you should get perhaps 100 Mbps or more.

HiDi

anyone know why the wi-fi drops out, it seems to be ok with 300kbs then suddenly drops to nothing. we live in La Hortichuela and Albox on line is the provider.
Ta