Lost or abandoned dog.

Started by prettypol, August 12, 2016, 13:51:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

prettypol

Hi Trish,, have sent you a PM. let me know if you get it.

Val

Trish14

Thanks Val. I have tried a few Avenue's but I haven't phoned Marie as yet, maybe that might be my next port of call.
Good luck to you and your furry friend. These poor animals that are neglected and dumped breaks my heart on a daily basis. All they need is love, company and food, yet this is to much effort for some people😠

terina

It sounds to me that she has won your heart and if so she is a lucky dog and I bet you will not regret it

prettypol

Trish,   with your particular dilemma, perhaps you could speak with Marie Louise our local police officer in Arboleas.   She is a real animal lover, particularly dogs, and will help if possible.  There are laws in place in Spain, it's just that no body enforces them.  There is also a new ruling published in the Euro Weekly last week and Seprona ( part of the Guardia ) are the ones who are supposed to deal with cruelty and abandonment etc. 
Fortunately , not all Spaniards are cruel, but the ones that are,   are nasty people and should be dealt with.
At least in the UK you generally can get some help  from somewhere in cases of neglect and/or cruelty. 
I wish you luck with whatever you decide to do.

Val

prettypol

I am doing the best I can for this dog who is absolutely adorable, so well behaved and so loving. She "smiles" when she greets you.     
I have removed 34 ticks and have treated her with stuff from the vets, together with worming tablet.   She is being fed ( but she seems a bit fussy, doesn't care for dry food).  I'm afraid I am spoiling her a bit.  Today she has had a bath and was so good, I think because she trusts me. She now looks stunning,  her coat is lovely, clean and shiny, although she seems to have a few dry skin patches probably due to very poor diet, and perhaps a rope or chain round her neck.  She was pretty grubby when she arrived, with dull coat, constantly scratching etc.  and was sad looking.   What a difference a few days have made.

I have been letting her sleep in my kitchen  on a blanket and she has been absolutely no trouble, but I  didn't want her to disturb any of the neighbors at night,  otherwise my name would be  mud ...  Taking her for a walk is  more of a problem at the moment, but we shall see what turns up soon.  I might even have to fork out for collar and lead.!!!!
Thanks for your concerns,
Val

terina

Have you tried Mazs canine rescue at Tihola, she takes in a lot of dogs that others don't, unfortunately I don't know her number but maybe somebody on here does , good luck, and I hate to say this but sometimes if you offer a donation it just might change things, but of course I don't know your circumstances

Saskia

I am sorry I can't help you as I am currently looking after 3 dogs one doesn't get on with other dogs but have you checked to see if the dog is microchipped, can you take the dog to a vet?  I know now they will be closed until Sunday, have you contacted HAA as I think they have a scanner to check if the dog is chipped. The dog will need to see a vet to have the ticks removed. Keep trying the animal charities sometimes they are very busy & probably are full.  Can you keep the dog until Monday in your garden, in the shade, could you possibly buy some dog food to feed the poor thing.  Can you post a picture, can you post on facebook?  I know it is distressing & inconvenient but remember it is not the dogs fault. I am sorry I can't offer anymore help.

Trish14

I understand your frustration prettypol. I cannot help you I am afraid, I am struggling myself regarding the animal charities when help is actually needed!
I am trying to rescue a dog that is on a chain 24/7, neglected as in hardly fed and would have green water had I not been changing it. Yet àll I ever hear is the dog would not be classed as at risk, what a b....y joke.
I wish you luck and I understand your frustrations 100%

prettypol

As I am unable to bring myself to DUMP this dog again, I contacted the "rescue societies" and as usual there has been no response!
No wonder people walk by leaving many animals to starve to death or come to some other terrible fate.  There is no-one to turn to when faced with such a dilemma, which is heartbreaking to say the least.
I do not know what to do next !