HDMI cable

Started by Karen4, August 05, 2016, 20:02:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Karen4

Thanks for that, you may well be right! I ordered the Samsung part as they said it was what was needed to "send" the audio and video to the TV...we'll see!
Cl3880

guest4538

I suspect that your tablet socket might require a MHL (Mobile High-Definition Link) plug (rather than a mini-HDMI). This allows the tablet to be powered whilst sending the video and audio signals. So you're likely to need a HDMI to MHL cable: but there are several versions - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mobile_High-Definition_Link.

Karen4

We got the right one okay but I think what we need is the Samsung part which should make it work, so I'll have to return the but I got and I've ordered a Samsung part.....hopefully it will work!
Cl3880

adders

Look at the number of the hdmi slot on the tv then go to your tv remote press the input button and select the correct hdmi number if no input button you will have to go into the menu

Karen4

Okay, got all the right cables - according to the computer chap...plugged everything in, selected the correct HDMI button on the TV....nothing. Nothing showing on tablet or TV, only thing on TV screen says "no signal".
Any ideas?
Cl3880

Karen4

Excellent, thank you.
Cl3880

peteryaxley

The cable carries both picture and sound signal, thats all you should need

Peter

Karen4

Thanks so much Steve...is that the only bit I need to plug the two together to get the picture/sound from the tablet to the TV?
Cl3880

steveconway24

Hi Karen
Your tablet will have either normal size HDMI out or mini.
Your TV will have normal HDMI
So, have a look at the tablet, if it has a small version of HDMI, you need to go to Mercalbox and get mini HDMI to HDMI.
I bought mine from there, less than 5 euros.
Steve
see photo attached. on the right, normal HDMI on the left HDMI mini.

Karen4

We recently acquired a great flat screen telly for the bedroom, and I want to be able to attach an HDMI cable to it and then to the tablet so we can watch Mobdro, Filmon etc in the bedroom without needing another android box.
Now, here's the query....is there a particular type of HDMI cable I need or is it just a general thing I can get anywhere?I'd like to try to set it up tomorrow so I need to get one in the morning and would prefer not to have to take the telly and tablet round the shops with me!  :70
I can see on the telly manual where to plug the thing in etc so I just need to know which one to buy - preferably before tomorrow morning please!
Thanks in advance!
Cl3880