The Wok in Albox

Started by Trish14, July 28, 2016, 17:12:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

landrock

Six of us (including 2 nippers) went in to try the buffet last night for the first time.  All very happy with the quality and quantity of the food, and the friendliness of the staff.  Good value too, as you can visit the buffet as many times as you feel the need to, for e10.95 for adults.  We prefered it to our recent visit to Happy Garden (without the family visitors) but guess it depends on what you are looking for.

Queen Clare Shirley

Even though I cant eat hardly anything there apart from meat and veg they were very good pointing out non gluten items. We go three maybe four times a year and they remember us. The kids love it as they choose what they want, food is always being prepared and they are always keen to point out to mother in law there is fresh duck much to her embarrassment.

I tried the Happy garden 3 times and was disappointed each time, the last time service was diabolical. So I won't go again.
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

Lynne

We went the other day with our visitors.  It was fine but my young grandsons love it as they can pick and choose what they want. There was one thing that really surprised me and that was nothing to do with the Wok itself or the food.  There was a table of about 10 or more people (I think they were Dutch or Belgian) having a good time, all fairly smart except for one bloke who was dressed in swimming shorts and sleeveless vest.  What makes people go to a restaurant for a social evening dressed like that?  No class whatsoever.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Trish14

I went today for the first time. Very limited choice for a vegetarian and I cannot say that my friend (meat eater) enjoyed her meal much either. €31.00 for lunch including two lemonades and two waters, personally The Happy Garden is a much better place.
The staff at The Wok were very pleasant, but I won't be dashing back there.