The Taj indian restaurant

Started by kenny m, July 22, 2016, 11:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BobL

We have now tried all 3 Indian restaurants in town and still find The New Delhi the best by far. The only problem-they no longer open for lunch.
Little India-food OK but tatty with little in the way of polish or ambience. Really an Indian Transport cafe.
Taj-fine but the main courses on the menu del dia include neither Koorma nor Marsala, surely the 2 most popular Indian dishes. So thought, 'Well a chance to broaden my narrow culinary horizons' but neither the Patak nor the Jalfrazi were really palatable. So that rules out the Taj for lunch!!!!!!!
Oh for New Delhi opening again for lunch.
BobL

Jay

I feel I have to reply, we went back end of last week and had the opposite happen, we ordered the menu of the day as well as a keema nan, when we came to pay they had omitted to put the nan on, we pointed this out but was then told that as it had been rung though it was their mistake so no issue.  There is no excuse for over charging but just proves that you should always check your bill and be honest .

Cheese

Hi, that's a shame because the food is so good along with the service,best in town in my opinion.
So back in tomorrow night.

kenny m

I have posted previously about this restaurant giving it glowing remarks for quality food and service. Yesterday however I was a little dissapointed at their attempt to overcharge. We had the "menu del Dia" which includes an ice cream. We were asked which flavour we preferred and I chose chocolate. When the bill arrived we were being charged 3.50 euros for the chocolate flavour (30% of the total "menu del Dia" price).
They said that the menu only provided vanilla ice cream and any variation would be charged extra. The menu in fact did not state that.
We were credited with the disputed amount but I just don't believe they could be so stupid in overcharging this way.

We will go again but to all others, just watch out!

Kenny M  :tiphat:
Wise words for us "oldies" A good memory is  a mind trained to forget the trivial!