The Sound of Silence

Started by Karen4, May 30, 2016, 20:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macc

Here is the original version, and very appropriate at the beginning when they start talking about the problems people are having on the forum at the moment  :smackhead:.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DczvzKzNLbU   The beautiful gentle version of 64, and an equally fantastic angrier version well suited for a more advanced society 52 years later. How can 2 songs that are the same be emotionally so different, but still be brilliant.

telcaz

Well finally got to listen to it, but sorry not my kind of music, kind of, ruined a beautiful song.
                                                                                                              Terry.

Jay

telcaz

I would love to listen to this, but it plays the first few opening bars then stops,  nothing such a shame as this is a great piece of music, (The original anyway).
                                                                                                                                Terry.

peacie

Well I know that or I wouldn't have replied.  You asked a question and I answered.

Lynne

You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

peacie

Yes it would appear that you might be the only one as I've not yet heard a bad review on their version.

Lynne

Am I the only one who thinks it's a complete dirge?  I couldn't possibly listen to more than 10 seconds at a time.  Absolutely dreadful version of the wonderful Simon & Garfunkel song.   :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Jay

Even without looking it has to be the versioning disturbed, heard it about 3/4 months ago, I was so impressed I sent the link to  a friend at a radio station on the Blanca, it deserved more airplay than it got.

brf

Don't worry Karen - it's worth a second posting. Briliant version!!

Karen4

Ha! ha! Missed it that time round and only heard it when it was being played on the radio by a friend last night!
Cl3880

steveconway24

An amazing cover! I´ve been listening to this since Owdoggy posted it last month, see "WOW" below. :wink:

Karen4

If you haven't heard this version before then you are in for a real treat. Listen to the end...the most powerful music I have heard since Big Ben was a watch.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5okpaOnkiHQ
Cl3880