Amazon prime

Started by selley, May 13, 2016, 19:17:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DieSse

I have an Amazon Premium account in Spain, to benefit from free deliveries.

I have an Amazon.co.uk account, which I use sparingly (not Prime)

I have an Amazon .com account, through which I get Kindle books (not Prime)

I subscribe to Daily Free Books UK, which when I choose a free book (as I do, many of them), I get redirected to Amazon.com, which then sends the free books direct to my Kindle.

It has been suggested, by Amazon, that I transfer my book buying to Amazon.es - I talked to an Amazon customer rep and said no - they just don't cover enough English books - I argued free trade via an international internet and company. Eventually she said she'd refer it to a supervisor - I heard no more and continue happily along as above.

Hope this helps

Elgin

Update.

I have had an email from Amazon.es which says that my Amazon Premium Subscription no gives me "exclusive" access to "Amazon Originals" on Amazon's Prime Video platform.   I haven't tried yet though as I have no real need for it.

Elgin

Not exactly being helpful as I am not a Kindle user but Amazon Prime is only really for UK residents.  Free delivery is only to UK addresses and, technically, Amazon Video and the lending library are only available in the UK (you may be able to access these via a UK IP address). 

Amazon.es offer a more limited service, Amazon Premium, which gives you free delivery (standard or next day) for €19.99 per annum (normal delivery costs €2.99 per item and next day delivery costs €5.99 per item).  As far as I can see you can buy Kindle books without Prime or Premium.

selley

Has anyone signed up to Amazon Prime and it so can you access it on your kindle here in Spain?