Spanish microchip databases.

Started by jim, April 04, 2016, 11:49:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saskia

I have registered 3 dogs with a Spanish chip to Uk  register, same chip & the chip number will denote who you register them with.  2 of mine are with Anibase & 1 with Petlog, I can't remember how I did it but I think I had to scan & send copy of pet passport with number & fill in a form.  I think it cost £6.00 per dog, if you go onto their websites you should get a phone number.  I didn't do it through a vet.

gus-lopez

As Spanish sheep said you only need the scanned chip number & you can change it to the UK database. I did it other way round when coming from UK.  Just speak to the vet as they would have to do it.

jim

Thanks for that spanish sheep....have emailed them, fingers crossed  :tiphat: 
DILLIGAF

spanish sheep

Hi You Could try this website : it is the site that a rescue uses when they transfer their dogs from spain to the uk.

UK Pet Microchip Registration & Database • Petlog Over 7 million pet owners trust Petlog to help reunite... PETLOG.ORG.UK 

jim

Has anyone taken a dog/cat back to the UK with a Spanish microchip and tried to update the details on them ? We moved back to the UK with two dogs and two cats all with Spanish microchips. They are registered with REAIC in Spain, I have emailed them on numerous occasions, sadly to no avail. How do I go about getting the information changed without having to get them chipped again here in the UK ( if that is an option ?) We have never had a problem traveling with them but if one got lost the information on the chip would be useless, also it's now the law in the UK to have the correct information on the chips.

Thanks in advance for any help  :tiphat:     
DILLIGAF