Best meal in 7 years since coming to Spain...

Started by musicdonna, February 28, 2016, 14:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

musicdonna

Quote from: lmj52 on March 03, 2016, 15:07:01 PM
That was what I was trying to explain. Live and let live.
Donna sorry we have hijacked your thread. The place sounds lovely.
So much bickering though puts people off commenting. :tiphat:

Thank you for your kind comment.  I put the initial post up simply wanting to commend an outstanding restaurant in an area fairly devoid of them, but wondering how long it would take for it to be side-tracked.  But I always come back to EB Hall's quote: "I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it"
I just wish could say things a little more kindly, sometimes, and taking into consideration that others have equally valid views.

Very best wishes,

Donna

musicdonna

Quote from: verwood on February 28, 2016, 15:03:37 PM
Where is it located Donna?

Sorry, Verwood, I missed your post.  Here's the website: http://www.casa-joya.com/

Best wishes,

Donna

Lisasbolt

Stella,

I have not eaten meat for many many years and have reasons for eating other things, like i eat my own chicken eggs as they are rescue hens who live a hopefully very happy free range life. We use soya milk and alternatives but won't be a liar and say i never have cows milk or the odd bit of cheese but i know my down fall and i should not but we do try. There is a justifiable scale that i believe we should all live to whether that is about food or other ethical reasons in life. Each to our own but i do not need for anything to suffer for my own pleasure in life. (wine does it just fine  :wink:)

Sorry Donna.

lmj52

That was what I was trying to explain. Live and let live.
Donna sorry we have hijacked your thread. The place sounds lovely.
So much bickering though puts people off commenting. :tiphat:
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

StellaL

Well at least I had something to do explaining to you how a forum works. Incidentally, if it is of any interest to you I agree wholeheartedly with your opinion of the production of foie gras. However, it would not stop me from using a restaurant that served it. It would be like boycotting a place because you enjoy meat and they have a vegetarian menu.
Stella

Aunty Mary

Aww Stella, I'm just glad I've given you something to do on this glorious sunny morning/afternoon 😘

StellaL

Pleased to have added to your obviously already extensive knowledge Mary. Lisa are you a vegetarian? I was intrigued by your remark of going the whole hog.
Stella

grp

Clearly I am ignorant and have a lack of education, empathy and compassion.... Amazing how you can be judged by people who don't know you.

Karen4

Crikey, 2 replies to the fish and chips recommendation and it's locked, 19 replies to this one and it's gathering pace?!
Cl3880

Aunty Mary

Thanks for your input Stella. I have always wondered what a forum was all about and now I know, you learn something new everyday !!

Well said Lisa x

Lisasbolt

Mary, i support you, it a completely different matter to sell foie gras compared to other meats, it should be made illegal, it is a barbaric practice and it says something about the ignorance of people who chose to consume it. Lidl should also not sell it. The same goes for halal meat, veal etc. I go the whole hog because i think the whole animal agricultural industry is barbaric.
It shows the lack of education, empathy and compassion of people who cannot not see that the practices and traditions of our time should not be blindly excepted because it is part of our culture but should be viewed critically for their moral or immoral standards.

StellaL

That is what a forum is all about Aunty Mary. It is a public arena and merely by participating you are inviting opinion/comments from other members. If you wish to speak to Casa Joya directly without outside interference you should use the PM facility.
Stella

Aunty Mary

Casa Joya, I'll take that as a no then.  And as for the other two chelping in, was I even speaking to you ???? Lol 😂😂😂

lmj52

If you don't like foie gras then don't order it!  :banghead:
You would soon complain if a Muslim told you what you could or could not eat!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Casa Joya

Quote from: Aunty Mary on February 29, 2016, 16:06:39 PM
Have you any plans to remove the foie gras from your menu ?

What if someone who doesn't eat venison, pork, lamb but can eat beef, chicken or a vegetarian who eats fish asks me the same question how would I answer that? 

Lizzy1201 thank you for the questions you put across. I guess I should go tell the people in the Velez Rubio or any market for that matter to stop selling those live rabbits and slaughter them infront of people as I adore bunnies.

Lizzie1201

Aunts Mary, do you shop in Lidl? If you do, have you ever asked them to remove Foie Gras from their shelves?
We love Foir Gras😋 and yes I do know how it's made

Aunty Mary

Have you any plans to remove the foie gras from your menu ?

Casa Joya

Quote from: musicdonna on February 29, 2016, 10:08:47 AM
Quote from: Lisasbolt on February 29, 2016, 10:03:09 AM
Such a shame, i have just been reading the menu and got very excited with with the starter options but got to the mains and no vegetarian option, i guess they would arrange something if you phone up, but restaurant owners should realise that vegetarianism is a big part of some peoples lifestyles now and they are missing out as i will not got to the restaurant now, it is nice to be able to see your menu options before you go, not them finding something for you.

We at Casa Joya take into account all dietary requirements. We have quite a lot of vegetarian /vegan/gluten free clients who are happy with the menu we provide for them. It has always been our policy and still is that when vegetarians book a table we PREPARE a separate menu with a selection of dishes. We don't believe in just insert a single item of vegetarian dish on a menu that is made up meat/fish eaters choices.  We realise that as restaurant owners we must understand people's  lifestyles.  I don't believe we are missing out, if we were a walk in restaurant then that would be true. Since we only open on bookings only and our clients tell us who is coming, what date and time and most importantly they mention their dietary requirements  then we believe that we cater and have catered for our clients requirements  for 11 years.  We are sad that you did not look at our website  to see where it says we cater for all dietary requirements and that you will not visit our restaurant.

musicdonna

Quote from: Lisasbolt on February 29, 2016, 10:03:09 AM
Such a shame, i have just been reading the menu and got very excited with with the starter options but got to the mains and no vegetarian option, i guess they would arrange something if you phone up, but restaurant owners should realise that vegetarianism is a big part of some peoples lifestyles now and they are missing out as i will not got to the restaurant now, it is nice to be able to see your menu options before you go, not them finding something for you.

When I 'phoned to book I specifically asked for venison.  I was told that if it wasn't on the menu for that day they would get some in.  They did and it was superb.  I'm sure that if you asked for vegetarian options they would be only too happy to oblige.

Lisasbolt

Aunty Mary

Ian Young

Is this the "Reviews of Restaurants" section now?

Aunty Mary

Just had a look at their website, the food and surroundings look gorgeous. Such a great shame they have foie gras on the menu though, I was up for a little day trip out. Unfortunately, this has put me off.

Annastasia

Next to all Punto this is our favourite restaurant superb and stunning food.

zilnor

Casa Joya,  thank you. We never went there while we lived in the area, so I don't suppose we ever will ! To those who go, enjoy your meal .  :wave:

JessicaH

To locate type Casa Joya  in search engine .
Up comes a map that without which, en verdad, it is difficult to explain how to get to this extremely popular and fantastic restaurant.

zilnor

Do tell please, where this restaurant is.  :wave:

hartcjhart

Glad you had a good meal they are a lovelly couple who have been succesfull over many years,

shame some on here tried to put them down with their diatribe of nonsense

verwood

musicdonna

Casa Joya.

It's taken us three years to get round to going to this restaurant which has been recommended by so many of our friends, and the meal was absolutely superb.

Thank you, James and Mary.  We'll be back!!

Donna and Andy