Bars etc

Started by PAULT, February 06, 2016, 17:27:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

StellaL

The bars in Cork city are fantastic. We stayed in Cobh and they are quite wonderful there too. Did a trip to Belfast last year. People thought we were mad but it was fabulous.
Stella

zilnor

Ooh Temasek,  Raffles, Singapore. We were there twenty years ago. I don 't usually drink gin, but their Singapore Slings were special , combined with a bowl of peanuts . More happy days !

temasek

The bars along Boat Quay , Singapore, eating Chilli crab.
The Restaurant at the Trader's Hotel, Cuscaden Road near the Botanical Gardens, Singapore . The best Sweet and Sour Pork I have eaten anywhere.
Raffles Hotel, Singapore, drinking a Singapore Sling in the Long Bar.
Or in the old days eating freshly caught seafood in a tiny local Beach Bar at Bedok Corner, washed down with Tiger Beer ,dangling your feet in the sea.
:sun:
W.R.L.F.C.

dianamay

House of McDonnnell ('Wee Tom's') Ballycastle County Antrim  :thumbsup:

astonmartin

Joey's bar Cospicua Malta.

PuffTheMagicDragon

Sadly I've never been to Ireland, and therefore can't deny that the bars there are the best, but if so, Edinburgh bars must come a close second  :clap:

Puff

webejamin

Anyone remember Danny's bar in Antwerp? :kiss:

PAULT

Chilieagle
I have to say Belgium bars in Belgium are quite nice
We were in a bar in Antwerp and I asked directions and the person in the bar came and showed us the way
Really nice

bloggs

Spent many football tours in cork the nicest people/ bars /music/craic women where do I stop

CT

The bar behind the Guinness brewery in Dublin - best Guinness in the world

roboman

I  have a list, no 1 Whitelocks Leeds no2 the brown cafĂ© Hilversum Holland, no3 your fathers moustache grenwich village New York, no 4 Pinky,s Amsterdam , the one thing they all have in common is great welcome and atmosphere and good ale. Almost forgot, little Mary,s the emerald isle.
Illegitimi non carbonundrum

Chilieagle

The Begian bars!!!!!!!

Best beer of the world!!!!!!! ans so much choice!!!
we are very proud to be Belgian.

:lol: :sun: :clap:

lmj52

Well will try a few Irish bars this afternoon
Having a full Irish is a good start to the day!
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Lizzie1201

Best hotel for us is The Anderman in Langhawi, Malaysia. You have to drive down through a Rainforest to Datai Beach.
Paradise  :luv: :luv:

zilnor

Benidorm is not for me, no matter how good the hotels and bars are.
PAULT, agree with you about France. Know the country well and had a holiday home there for some years.
Our favourite hotel in the whole world is in a small village, a foty five minute drive from Nice airport, up in the hills, with fantastic views over the valley to the sea, and a lovely swimming pool.

macc

Yeah, i would have to agree Pault, even the Irish bars in Benidorm are better than the rest.  :lol: :lol: :drunk: When you have good bars, it,s hard to remember what the hotels were like.

PAULT

I was thinking more than just bars.
I feel that the best and widest range of hotels must be in France.
However i do not think anywhere can beat Benidorm love or hate it

macc

Here we go Doreen, live from the Dunree bar, Sunday morning, sun shining in the window, a few more tiles for the roof, job done.   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAgeiKdNXXY 

Wilf and Moira

http://www.luckyshagbar.com.au/  having said that, am looking forward to visiting Ireland, and the bars, soon!  :drunk:
Always maintain the Status Quo!!

macc

Learn music the Irish way, practice your scales every day :banana-santa: :banana-santa:                                                                                                               Dough, the stuff that buys me beer.
Ray, the guy who brings me beer.
Me, the guy who drinks the beer.
Far, a long way to get beer.
So, I'll have another beer.
La, I'll have another beer.
Tea, no thanks I'm having beer.
That will bring us back to...
(reaching the crescendo of his toast,
Homer looks into his beer mug,
which is empty) ...DOH!!!
--Homer Simpson

zilnor

Doreen, Ireland may be the land of Saints and Scholars, but Manchester has a bar/restaurant named " Saints and Scholars "  :lol:

webejamin

Amazes me how many Irish people I know that don't actually drink any alcohol at all, but did suffer a lot with some dreadful ailments, and it was with great displeasure to have to have just a little drop of something, purely for medicinal purposes you understand. The longer they sat in the chair the worse they felt, I knew some that would stay in your company until they fell off their chair with the pain :wink:    

doreen1

The land of Saints and Scholars Macc.
My granny used to say to my older cousins when they were going out, " that's right give Pauric O Flaherty your money to put tiles on his roof, why don't ya"😁

macc

And we don,t have to worry about the in or out vote. Look up hospitality in an English dictionary and it just say,s Irish pubs. A statesman is an easy man, he tells his lies by rote.
A journalist invents his lies, and rams them down your throat.
So stay at home and drink your beer and let the neighbors vote.
--William Butler Yeats. Never truer words spoken,

Lizzie1201

The Guinness advert that's on T.V at the moment is one of the best they've had :clap:
It tells the story of the Jazz musician John Hammond, it's great :clap:

Karen4

Guinness adverts used to be the best on TV. I'm fairly sure they would never need to bring in the orange juice angle!  :lol:
Cl3880

doreen1

Gosh Guinness have missed a marketing angle.  ???

Ireland has a great reputation for their bars. I'm proud to be Irish and glad you all remember your days/nights in Irish bars.😂

zilnor

Karen, I never touch orange juice ! And no, the Irish are not daft  :lol:

Karen4

Just for information, a pint of orange juice has 240 calories and a pint of Guinness has 210 calories. The Irish are not daft at all, are they?!  :wink:
Cl3880

zilnor

Ireland has many charms, the first of which is real Guinness  :lol:  Many years ago, we were on a business trip to Limerick. Our host, Thomas Hanrahan, was the most amazing man.  Took us to a local bar a few miles outside the city where he tried to persuade us he was not a drinker. Conversation as follows : " I don't drink, I take the Guinness. I have the first pint and drink it quickly because I am thirsty. I take the second glass more slowly and savour every mouthful. I have a third glass because I am greedy, but I don't drink. "  He is one of the nicest men I have ever met, and our evening out in Limerick is one of the memorable nights of my life.  :lol:

lmj52

I would agree. Ireland for me.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

webejamin

Yep, Ireland :drinks:

doreen1

I was going to say Ireland, but I didn't want to sound bias. My English husband says Irish bars every day for him too.
Friendly, always a bit of craic happening, and if you're on your own, you won't be for long.👏🏽🍀🇮🇪

Lizzie1201

Ireland for us🇮🇪🇮🇪  :drunk: :banana-santa:

macc

Sorry all, but it has to be Ireland. :drunk: :sadvio: