Anyone recommend Solicitor for Purchasing Property in Arboleas area

Started by Popski, November 29, 2015, 18:35:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

casablanca

My experience leads me to say that you will be safe if you purchase in Arboleas provided you use Coles as your Estate agent, then after finding your property consult the Town Hall as reassurance of it's legality and then use Amanda Oakley as you legal representative for conveyancing etc. I would confidently place my trust in these organisations.

GRACAR

I'm new to the forum and, in fact, this is my first posting.  First of all, can I just say hello and wish you all a Happy New Year.  Sorry to start with a downer, but I'm hoping to visit the Arboleas region soon, in the hope of making a house purchase.  The thing is, I've come across quite a lot of very worrying reading - demolitions, corruption, etc.  The Selling Agents assure me that they (Coles) only deal with legal properties, but I've since discovered that planning issues can be absolutely fine with the local council, but overridden by the Junta at a later date.  I've also discovered that a property can be the subject of a demolition order today, yet be sold on to an unwitting buyer.  THAT, is worrying!  Whilst I think the advice given is very welcome, I'm currently thinking that if the local authority's decision can be overridden by the Junta, then surely the LA can be considered to be about as much use as a chocolate fireguard.  If I seem a little overly anxious right now, I should explain that I have had legal issue problems with Spanish property before - back in the 1990s.  Without going into detail, I ended up retaining the property, but it cost me a fortune, and a lot of stress, to do so.  How on earth does Spain (a member of the EU) manage to get away with such gross misconduct?  Is there an infallible method to ensure I purchase an all-round, legal property, without fear of repercussions at a later date?  I guess I'm looking for reassurance from someone, if there's any out there. 

NormanM

First, first FIRST!! Go to the town hall and find out what information they have on the property.

Secondly, prepare a list of items that you want your solicitor to investigate and confirm, in writing - including

Does the property have a valid building licence, escritura and habitation certificate.

Obtain a structural survey - would you by a house in the UK without that?

Are there any debts attached to the property, in any way whatsoever, by way of tax withholdings, bonds, embargo or any other form of debt or equivalent thereof.
Is the land on which the property stands properly segregated, with no embargo of any form whatsoever.

Does the vendor of the property have the right to sell the building, and the land on which it stands to you without let or hindrance.

Are there any projects, plans or other proposals which might affect your future enjoyment of the property or its future value.

Has the prop[erty been subject to flooding, landslip or other natural phenomenon which would affect its structural stability, safety or future value.

Does it have legal contracts for power and water, and can these be transferred to you.  If not, forget it!

Ask your legal representative for a cleare, unequivocal statement in writing to answers to those questions, with an acceptance that if the information they provide you is inaccurate, they will without reservation, refund any money that you have expended on the purchase of the property, together with any penalties for failure to complete.

I have been caught twice. Once in Cyprus, and once here.  More fool me.  Be warned.

From Normam

tandas

Popski hope you've been to the townhall for background information on the villa you hope to buy, you need to check and recheck before parting with a penny.

Carmen Torrecillas

If you would like a quote for your house sale please send us a private message.

Kind Regards,

Susan Leach
ctrsolicitors@gmail.com
Cutting through your red-tape....

Lennison

rf9rider

I would recommend Amanda Oakley, ALOSERVICES  in Zurgena.

She advertises on here, did our house purchase and everything connected, wills, tax etc.

Very good service.

Popski

Hi

Looking to purchase a property in the Arboleas area and require Solicitor. 

Recommendations needed to help us choose a Solicitor - English speaking preferred.

Many thanks.