Best Indian Ever

Started by Lynne, November 15, 2015, 07:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grp

We went again to the New Delhi last night and the meal was amazingly good. I don't know if the chef has changed but can say that there has been no drop in the food quality.

Lana61

Has anyone got a phone number so we can book a table? Thanks

kazzie

Quote from: Suej on November 25, 2015, 17:17:42 PM
We tried it as well and prefer the New Delhi, the curry's were OK but the Naan's weren't a patch on the New Delhi. Also I had a glass of red wine and it is one of the really cheap ones unlike the new Delhi where the house wine is a reasonable Rioja.

Everyone's taste is different though... 
I have always loved the new Delhi & we were going last night but have heard a lot of bad comments the last two weeks.....from regulars. I wondered if they had changed chefs.

Lisasbolt

We went on Tuesday night and everything was nice and ok but it seemed expensive, we shared 1 starter (onion bhaji), free popadoms, 1 tikka and 1 korma  (did have king prawns), 1 rice and 1 naan. 2 drinks each (2 beers & 2 wines) it cost 43e.
Prefer the one in Zurgena.

the duchess

Went in a group f six and had a great meal. The 35 euros per couple includes any starter, main and desert off the menu x 2 including wine or beer, so good value. Delicious food, good professional service and beautifully presented. It's just nice to have a change of venue!

hurlez

Just arrived home from the  Taj,  thoroughly enjoyed the meal , cost us 35 euros per couple including either a bottle of wine or 2 large beers.
The place was full which I thought was very good for a Wednesday night and the waiting staff were excellent.

Suej

We tried it as well and prefer the New Delhi, the curry's were OK but the Naan's weren't a patch on the New Delhi. Also I had a glass of red wine and it is one of the really cheap ones unlike the new Delhi where the house wine is a reasonable Rioja.

Everyone's taste is different though... 

grp

I went the other night and enjoyed the meal. The service was a little slow—they were busy—but on the whole I prefer the food at the New Delhi. I always enjoy going there (New Delhi) and love their food. I know my Indian food, I have been eating it regularly for around 40 years and I have eaten it in India.

musicdonna

Went last night.  Food very good, but only full priced menu in the evening.  Poppodum, starter, main course, rice, coffee and a drink could easily come to €20 pp although they do have a €35 menu for 2 (didn't see what was on it).  We'd definitely go in the daytime and try the €9.95 menu as the food was very tasty and portion sizes good, but does it beat the New Delhi on value for money?  Not for us.

Donna

Carmen Torrecillas

Are they the same owners as THE TAJ in Turre?
Cutting through your red-tape....

Lynne

Oh dear, now you want me to start using my brain AND memory when I'm suffering from flu!   :lol:

I'm sure the 9.95€ menu is only at lunchtime.  We've only been in the evening so can't answer the one about the included drink for that price.  They open at 6pm, which was when we went.  Would like to go again this week but both battling the dreaded lurgy so neither of us can leave the house.   :'(
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

musicdonna

Is the speciall 9.95 menu available in the evening?  

Is a drink included?  

When do they begin serving in the evening?

Thanks, Lynne!

Donna

Lynne

Albox - see my initial posting for whereabouts.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

paul martin

Where is this at please ? Albox or arboleas ?

Olivers

My husband and I managed to get away from the bar for a couple of hours last night and also went for dinner here.  I must agree it is one of the best Indian meals I have had.

Lynne

Quote from: Jimel on November 15, 2015, 08:36:49 AM
Do they do a Menu Del Dia?

Yes, they had a board outside last night showing details.

HiDi

Four of us went last night and we all had a different meal. All of us agreed that it was superb and we will be going back soon. The meal, service and general appearance is very, very good.

Di

Jimel

Rod

Friends went on Friday lunchtime and had the special 9.95e menu and were very pleased. We are going for Tuesday lunch so hope it remains at this standard.

Lynne

If you haven't tried the new India Restaurant (Taj) then you've never lived.  It opened last week in the old Coco's Chicken place opposite The Corner Shop on the Aljambra road.  We went last night and had the best Indian meal for years.  Everything about it was class, the presentation was superb, the ambience was very good, the service was spot on.  We had been given a temporary take-away menu last week and we had presumed it was the full menu so were surprised to find the official one was almost twice as big.  That was the best biryani I've had.  This is certainly the best Indian without a doubt.   :clap: :clap: :clap: