Plum Tree Pruning

Started by alansue, November 06, 2015, 08:35:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

alansue

Quote from: rt21 on November 07, 2015, 15:38:43 PM
Hi

I am pasting a reply from someone, who lives in Seville, to a similar question on another forum some years ago.

"We were at a local farm where they have loads of plum trees. The farmer showed me what I should do to a laden tree......... take off some of the fruit :shock: He said the fruit was better. We will try that next year. He also told me January was the pruning time (confirming what my neighbour told me too)"

:tiphat:

Richard

Thanks Richard for the information. I will leave it until January.

Regards

Alan

rt21

Hi

I am pasting a reply from someone, who lives in Seville, to a similar question on another forum some years ago.

"We were at a local farm where they have loads of plum trees. The farmer showed me what I should do to a laden tree......... take off some of the fruit :shock: He said the fruit was better. We will try that next year. He also told me January was the pruning time (confirming what my neighbour told me too)"

:tiphat:

Richard

alansue

My Plum tree has finished producing fruit a while ago. It has got to a ridiculous size and needs a major pruning. I have done this before and basically took it back to just main branches. This action did it no harm at all. Last year it gave me 54 kilos of fruit after the major prune and this year around 30 kilos.I cannot remember what time of the year I did this. Can anyone tell me if I am safe to do this pruning now please. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Alan