Wasps and flies

Started by rt21, October 29, 2015, 11:38:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

turner

I was waiting to be served in a supermarket on  Saturday and a wasp stung me on the chest, went down my tshirt, had to let it out the bottom, hope it died.  :tongue:

nibbler

All insects thrive on a warm/hot humid climate. We had much higher humidity this year than ever before. That's why we've had more flies. If you noticed they were different from our normal ones, why I can't say.
The infestation we've had just recently was caused by the rain and subsequent warm weather, ideal breading time.
Nibbler :tiphat:

horsey

Treat Me With The Same Dignity And Respect You Demand For Yourself And I Will Do Likewise!

temasek

Hi Horsey
If you are in UK , I bought  mine in the Pound shop, exactly like the one in Richard's link but only costing £1.
:wave
W.R.L.F.C.

rt21

horsey

RT21. Where did you buy the electric fly swatter from?
Treat Me With The Same Dignity And Respect You Demand For Yourself And I Will Do Likewise!

Daffy

Flies seem to be more of a problem this year and they are immune to fly sprays!

zilnor

Wasps and flies are one thing we do NOT miss about life n Andalucia .  :lol:

rt21

One thing that did surprise me on my recent stay in the area was the plague of wasps and flies that I encountered.

I have never bothered with fly screens in the past because flies have not really been a problem but after this last visit I have definately decided to invest in some for the future. The little buggers were not just content to share the food on my plate but also went for walkies on my head when I had settled down in bed. Ugh! That usually drove me to the point of distraction and out of bed I would jump with my electric fly swatter in one hand chasing the little critters round the bedroom. I am not usually vindictive but I just loved the cracking sound from the swatter when I managed to make contact with one of them.

Pleased to say that I have no such problems since returning home to the UK.

Richard