change to electic billing

Started by speedycar, October 28, 2015, 20:49:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gus-lopez

Quote from: annie on November 01, 2015, 10:05:10 AM
sorry to ask this again - slightly confused with the whole topic !!

I have a day/night meter, does the new system effect my charging, or am I still on the 2 tarrifs, I cannot check my bill as do not receive them...
no

annie

sorry to ask this again - slightly confused with the whole topic !!

I have a day/night meter, does the new system effect my charging, or am I still on the 2 tarrifs, I cannot check my bill as do not receive them...

peteryaxley

Cheers for info. guys,
guess I'll wait until the bill comes through to see how much it's gone up

Peter

gus-lopez

Quote from: peteryaxley on October 30, 2015, 06:23:42 AM
Hi Gus, does this mean that if you are on the day and night meter you will not be affected with the new way of charging ?
Thanks for info.

Peter
Yes. See Elgins link & scroll to
"Is the billing per hour system the same as the time restriction tariff?"

at bottom right on the comparison thingy it states that the day/night is not included in hourly charging.

Only other thing to add to Elgins post/link is that once you have a remotely managed digital meter on a supply of 10kw orless & has been integrated into the system then they can start billing you monthly.

Elgin

It's all a bit complicated.  There is a lot of info on the Endesa website https://www.endesaclientes.com/faqs/new-billing-system-vpsc-customers.html

As I understand it for the hourly rate to apply:-

1) You have to have a digital (smart) meter

2) The digital (smart) meter has to be remotely managed

3) You have to be on a regulated tariff - what used to be the TUR rate a couple of years ago.  If you are with Endesa then those customers on the regulated tariff are billed by Endesa Energia XXI.  Those on free market tariffs are billed by Endesa Energia S.A.

If you have signed up for Endesa'a day/night tariff (Tarifa Luz Endesa Nocturna) then you are also certainly on a free market tariff.

peteryaxley

Hi Gus, does this mean that if you are on the day and night meter you will not be affected with the new way of charging ?
Thanks for info.

Peter

gus-lopez

What doesn't ?
Quite simple , not that I like it.
Once you have a new meter that can be read remotely then they also have the ability to know what electricity you are consuming at each & every hour of the day. Those who are not on day/night meters will then be charged at different rates during the day. I.e if you are using lots early morning it will be dearer than later in the morning & not as  dear as around 3pm when there will be a high demand . Seem to recall reading somewhere that there would be 4 or 6 different periods.

OSCARPED

Quote from: speedycar on October 28, 2015, 20:49:34 PM
Hourly rate changes to electric billing with new meters. Check out with your supplier. Just came into affect. Son,t asked me anything I,be only just pick up on this via a Span is friend.
:head sorry this doesn't make sense !

speedycar

Hourly rate changes to electric billing with new meters. Check out with your supplier. Just came into affect. Son,t asked me anything I,be only just pick up on this via a Span is friend.