Wok in albox

Started by sharon123, October 30, 2015, 12:57:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Challenger 383

Lisasbolt

We really enjoy going, especially in a group trying to suit everyone. The best bit is choosing the fresh veg etc and taking it to the grill or to get cooked fresh with sauce. Lovely.
I do not think it is that bad for drinks 2.50e or maybe now 3.00e for a pint but you expect to pay more in a restaurant, especially a buffet.

ghostrider1611

three of us went on Tuesday night good food and good value      dirty plates cleared away quickly

going again next week :tiphat: :tiphat: :tiphat:

bikermalcolm

Never seen it like that, we go regularly food from buffet for my wife, I go on the menu, staff always friendly and enthusiastic service.

Lorraine

I am so glad to hear people say that it's still good. My experience was the very opposite and I was disappointed that it had gone down hill so much. There was very little food there when I last went with our neighbours and the service wasn't up to much either and we moved all the dirty plates ourselves in the end. Will give it another go if others have found that it's still good.

Lynne

My grandsons love it as they can choose themselves what to eat and how much.  I'm afraid that the prawn crackers take a bashing when they're there though.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Rod

You do not have to have the buffet. They do a comprehensive menu which is served at the table and very good it is too. We have found the service very good as well. We went as a family on Wednesday and had the buffet for 11 of us and that was excellent as well, 10.95 per head.

sharon123

Thanks for that advice. Well no harm in trying the place just wanted to go somewhere that was self-service really, sick of getting food that is of poor quality. Been to happy garden but a bit too noisy for us.

phileas fogg

Last time I was there was in August when I took my Grandkids for a meal as they like the pick and mix. It was so cheap for the food but they make their profit as you well know from drinks. Main expense was keeping the kids well topped up on fizzy pop but they were given those free sample bottles 200ml and at €1.80 a throw and could they knock them back, mind you in the heat we had what else could you do.
Food was hot and tables clean so were glasses and cutlery.

sharon123

Hi can anybody tell me if the Wok is still open and if so how much is the buffet and is is any good.
Thanks