Renewing a Dutch Passport

Started by Lynne, October 27, 2015, 11:54:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lynne

Just as we thought.  It does seem a long-winded and expensive way to go about renewing a Dutch passport though. Thanks for the info.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

hyacintho

According to a Dutch neighbour of mine it may entail two trips to Madrid. One to apply and this has to be done in person and then a second trip to collect the passport. They won't post or courier it to you. She said it was cheaper and easier to fly back to Holland for a short holiday and then renew it.

Lynne

My neighbour's Dutch passport is due to expire early next year and he has been told that he will have to travel to Madrid and apply in person!  I've looked on the internet and it doesn't look like he can download paperwork and apply from home.  Has any Dutch person in this area renewed their passport recently and if so can you tell me what he has to do please?
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.