Bacon and sausages = cancer?

Started by 1991chrismith, October 27, 2015, 10:17:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

byrney

Keep spending it mate and enjoy!  :drinks:

webejamin

Some years ago they said that red wine was good for you, I've been drinking as much as I can, but don't seem to feel any better, especially in the mornings. I think I agree byrney, they don't seem to know do they, and all that money I've spent ???

byrney

I reckon that every day there's at least half a dozen things that we should/shouldn't eat/drink/do to ensure we all live beyond the age of forty.

Thank God most of us on here don't take any notice of these idiots.  What annoys me is how much money is spent on the research necessary to conclude such rubbish. 

webejamin

All stems back to being a Kid Liz, I wouldn't eat meat, even Christmas dinner me Mum used to cook me egg and chips ;D

zilnor

Ooh Webe, egg and chips, with a slice of bread and butter, one of life's little luxuries.how the rich live !  :lol:

webejamin

I'll ave some egg and chips please :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sleepy john

Perhaps we could all pay sausage tax, how about 1p an inch. By the way, everyone knows fish and chips give you earache.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

webejamin

;D Loada crap indeed ;D it's worse it's gettin :rofl:

Pickaxe

wow after a full breakfast for the last 75 years still living and wont do with out my breakfast, all I can say in return
what a load of crap. wonder what they will come with next fish and chips gives you ear ache

lmj52

Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

Tetley

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Elgin

Apparently (according the UK TV news) the WHO said that the risk of cancer (stomach or colon can't remember) if you ate processed meats was elevated to 7% compared to 6% if you only ate unprocessed meat.  However, a UK study had showed that if you eat no meat at all (i.e. vegetarians) the risk of cancer was 7% (i.e. the same as if you eat processed meats).  Sounds a bit like eating meat is good for you!

At the end of the day it seems to be a lot of hype about a small difference in the risk of getting one type of cancer when, apparently, we are all doomed because of the fumes being pumped out by VW cars!!!

webejamin

Quote from: vino on October 28, 2015, 10:27:25 AM
here we go again, another stupid reply ,
;D Couldn't resist it vino ;D

vino

here we go again, another stupid reply ,

webejamin

Quote from: vino on October 28, 2015, 09:52:56 AM
watched the Spanish news this morning, interviewed some Spanish, they just laughed at the idea, showed people in their 70s who eaten it all there lives.
Yeabut vino, they aint gonna interview people that's died from eating it are they :o ;)

vino

watched the Spanish news this morning, interviewed some Spanish, they just laughed at the idea, showed people in their 70s who eaten it all there lives.

Tetley

Just have yer bacon & sausage and drink fizzi / soft drinks,the diabeatice should kill yer before the bacon & saus buttys... 8)

zilnor

My husband is 87 years old. He has been eating bacon, sausages, sausage rolls, ham, corned beef, pork pies etc all his life. He is fitter than most people 15 years younger, and he does not look his age. He has only put on a couple of kilos in weight since he was 18.
All things in moderation. And plenty of physical exercise are the key to a healthy life.
This is all scare mongering . A bacon sandwich twice a week , ham sandwich twice a week, sausage and mash once a week,  are not going to kill you !

1991chrismith

I see there is now another food product that we are warned about not to eat -- because it MAY cause cancer. Soon we will not be able to eat anything.

Unless of course this is just a rouse by the non pork eating religions :redcard: