Lorca tunnel average speed camera update

Started by ahill858, October 24, 2015, 09:12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lorca lad

Todos somos Lorca.

Re: Lorca tunnel average speed camera update

« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 17:48:57 PM »

P.S. The tunnel signs have a new bit added underneath that I'm sure says that it is now average speed section.

"cameras en tramo"

Hi,

Correct Gus ...... came through an hour ago and noticed the new "clean"  sign, below the speed limit sign.

What I do not understand ........... is why drivers brake hard and slow down to 72 kmh !!!!!

Had a pillock who came past me at more than 100 kmh, then slammed on his brakes at the entrance to the tunnel and pulled in front of me, slowing down to 70 and then flashed me as I went past him at 80 !!!

Is it me ????

PS - thanks for the original post ..... I would not have known about the average speed cameras, without the forum. Exactly what this forum is good for !!!

Regards
L.L.

Trebmal

Quote from: sparkiemike on October 25, 2015, 17:53:43 PM
:wave

Who gives a t*ss, it's so civilised here

You get a 50% discount & no points regardless of speed

You can do it all on line

fantastic

Mike

:tiphat:

How do you pay online plus get a discount????????

gus-lopez

Quote from: sparkiemike on October 25, 2015, 17:53:43 PM

fantastic

Mike

Not quite correct. Once above 151 on the autovia points start to be deducted. I know what you mean about the rest though.

sparkiemike

fantastic

Mike

Rules are made for the obeyance of fools & the guidance of wise men

gus-lopez

P.S. The tunnel signs have a new bit added underneath that I'm sure says that it is now average speed section.

"cameras en tramo" something like that .It was dark. :lol:

gus-lopez

Quote from: rt21 on October 25, 2015, 10:15:35 AM
A very timely bit of news as I will be driving through the tunnel this evening on the way to Alicante airport.

It just goes to show what an informative forum this is

Richard

Additionally when you see the overhead lit up with " 120 kmh-Velociada controlada por radar " slow down. There are cameras on the back of the signs . They have a couple around the Murcia changeover section as Imj52 pointed out.
Additionally on the return journey they've moved the start of the 80 limit back to just after the  "Lorca centro " on slip road.

hurlez

Reading guardia website as detailed in previous posting no speeding notices should be issued for speeds in the tunnel below 87 Kim's .

lmj52

Quote from: rt21 on October 25, 2015, 10:15:35 AM
A very timely bit of news as I will be driving through the tunnel this evening on the way to Alicante airport.

Richard

Watch out also for the 2 new ones around Murcia.
Vida. Disfruta el viaje.

rt21

Richard

Pickaxe

why don't some of you folks stop look at was this happering in the uk and trying to scare the ****  out of folks instand of giving the gg amo for getting more euros some times I think some of you post to get more points sorry re spelling

David C

Checked my satnav against speedometer and spedometer is 5mph higher than satnav but havent used this one in spain yet and they dont work in tunnels. Is there a speed check on the toll motorway?
David C

guest4538

Folk might be interested in this quote:

Average speed cameras are even more accurate because they monitor cars over a longer distance, says Geoff Collins from Vysionics, the Surrey-based firm that makes the Specs cameras used to enforce speed limits through motorway roadworks. "The 10% plus 2mph [threshold] isn't really necessary in order to make allowances for camera inaccuracy," Collins said. He pointed out that the cameras measure a car's speed over a long distance, so any inaccuracies in their placing would typically result in an error of less than 0.1%. "Technically it is possible to enforce slight breaches in the limit."

It was taken from this article: http://www.driving.co.uk/news/just-1mph-too-fast-and-youre-nicked-new-zero-tolerance-approach-to-speeding/.

One might therefore also argue that 1 kph above the speed limit, when measured by an average speed reading, does not fall into the de minimus category of traffic law (unlike spot speed readings, where it is reasonable to allow a greater tolerance).

webejamin

You have to be careful when driving by speed cameras, if you're going too fast you'll get nicked :o it's what they're for. Now if you were driving along merrily thinking about West Ham just beating Chelsea :clap: :whistle: and were feeling very happy about it ;D that's when you're likely to get pinged and fined for going faster than you should.  :tiphat:

gus-lopez

Quote from: ahill858 on October 24, 2015, 12:45:30 PM
Not me this time gus.
Info on spectrum facebook page.
Got mine last week,i understood you had a 5-10 KPH leeway but apparently not.
Just wish someone had posted this earlier,would have saved me 100 euros.

There is ;

" There is a tolerance threshold, or  margin for error when it comes to being caught speeding, which is 7 kilometres per hour when the vehicle speed is less than 100 km / h, and 7% when the vehicle speed is over 100 km / h. All radars, fixed and mobile, apply this tolerance, except those operating on board aircraft."

I 'd check with your insurance company as most policies have fine defences & to be done for 1kph is not correct- It is 7 kph under 100.

Rod

Spain is broke so out for every cent they can get. On our way to Alicante airport to pick up our son and family, leaving in a couple of hours so will listen to the Tomtom alerts and obey the limits.

ahill858

Not me this time gus.
Info on spectrum facebook page.
Got mine last week,i understood you had a 5-10 KPH leeway but apparently not.
Just wish someone had posted this earlier,would have saved me 100 euros.

Trebmal

Yup guys. I got hit too... Plus €40 from the car company each ticket for letting me know.. Although I was doing 103km and 102km at the time oops... Got me going up and back. I just thought the paparazzi were chasing me, maybe if I go faster next time they'll not catch me

I know for next time  ++=

gus-lopez

Don't forget your residents 50% discount. so only 50 a piece.
I assume you got one going in each direction ?

ahill858

amazing another lecture on speeding
chisme tell that to volkswagon

Tetley

looks like its back to uk driving ie 28 in a 30 or 48 in a 50...........hey ho its ,better than carnage and metal croppers.

Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

guest4538

Quote from: ahill858 on October 24, 2015, 09:12:30 AM
Two average speeding fines issued for tunnel one at 81 other for 82 KPH.
There is no leeway given, both 100 euros.
Hope your car speedo correct.
Info via Spectrom F M.

There should be no problem with that. The speedometer should never indicate a speed less than your actual speed, otherwise it would be in breach of construction and use regulations!

So if someone's been clocked at 81 kph, it's likely their speedometer was showing in excess of 85 kph! So a fair cop....

ahill858

Two average speeding fines issued for tunnel one at 81 other for 82 KPH.
There is no leeway given, both 100 euros.
Hope your car speedo correct.
Info via Spectrom F M.