autofex cars arboleas

Started by teecee8, October 23, 2015, 19:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Spanish Inland Properties

Thank you for that info' Tintin. A great site which I've now book marked for the future.

tintin

I would always recommend looking at autoenred.com to get an approximate price and use the lower figure for private sale or high mileage and higher figure for a garage, but always check the service history as sometimes high mileage, one owner cars have been looked after. My local car hire has several ex rentals at a good price, type in fcrentacar for example 2014 Skoda Fabia 36000 Km's €6900 or try autoscout
Mike

mustang

Autofex is a place to stay clear of if you want a good deal and service.

I have sought advice from a solicitor in this area and he told me that it would be a waste of time and money. I can't afford to keep throwing good money after bad in all honesty. I made a denuncia three months ago and have heard nothing.

I'm not a soap box merchant by any means but I feel that their service has been dreadful (I've been in retail too many years to be fobbed off and even worse insulted by a salesperson) and I'm ashamed to say that I was willing to accept it and just keep paying for repairs but I spent a few hours with Spanish friends today and they've urged me to do what I should have done weeks ago - Challenge this company into accepting responsibility somehow.

An interesting comment made by the aforementioned Spanish friends was that on the company FB page 90% of buyers are non Spanish, in their words fresh blood to suck.

We all expect to fall foul of a company in one way or another but they've won the gold medal this time!

Queen Clare Shirley

Sounds pretty serious. I would take this further if I were you
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

I purchased a VW Touareg in January this year from Autofex (Albox) and at first was very happy with their service. Week one a headlight failed, rear window wouldn't open, knocking noise from somewhere underneath and CD changer jammed.
Headlight bulb replaced, knocking noise not as bad, window forgotten and CD changer not their thing. OK, I accepted that but headlight failed again and knocking noise after a couple of days was back to normal. They had the headlight unit replaced (FOC) and investigated the knocking noise on two more occasions and suggested taking it to the VW garage in Vera. The day before it was due to go, the propshaft coupling broke. Car off the road for almost three weeks and a bill of 458 € as it wasn't covered by the guarantee.

I went to collect the car from them and was, I admit disgruntled at having to pay this bill so soon after buying the car and as I'd reported the knocking noise from day one and thinking that this would now be cured I felt it was their responsibility as they had assured me the car had been thoroughly checked over - It wasn't this was a different problem. The noise was the anti roll bar bushes as suggested to them weeks before.

Anyway I told the sales woman who sold me the car that I wasn't asking for my money back or demanding another car I simply wanted a vehicle that was fit for it's purpose and I had given her a clear picture that it was a works car. In short I wanted a solution to these on going problems and felt they should have covered the repair cost. She was more annoyed that I'd had the audacity to air my views (without naming their company, her or the location) on my personal FB page and that one of her friends had suggested I sue the company. When I said that I would take the matter further she replied "do what you want". If I had heard one of my staff talk to a customer like that I would have had a fit, her manner was completely unacceptable bordering on offensive. "You've got a 70 grand car and you've paid 14 grand for it, what do you expect"! That parting statement still rings in my ears.

I wrote to her within the hour to say that I had removed the post from FB and it had never been my intention to upset her personally, after all I could have bought the car from anywhere and dealt with anyone but I was trying to be fair in the hope that they would also uphold their end of the bargain - She didn't even have the courtesy to reply.

Since then I have given up all hope with the company and simply get the car repaired each time it breaks down, the tow truck company has become almost a taxi service. it's currently off the road as the alternator failed this morning taking the belt with it so another huge repair bill on it's way, not covered by the guarantee company and another week off work.

Only yesterday I visited a dealership in order to trade this car in and buy another, the top book price on my car is 6,900 €. So far I have lost 9,700 € since January in repair bills and of course real value as I now know I paid well over the top for the car.

Would I recommend this company? I am sorry to say I wouldn't and that saddens me because I'm a huge supporter of local trade and industry, I have many clients looking for cars when they move over here and it would've been great to tell them all from experience that these guys go the extra KM but in my case( and others I have since found out) they really couldn't care less. 

steve.p

Bought a car off Autofex, passenger side front window failed after 2 weeks, not covered by warranty, but they fixed it no problem and at no cost to myself. Also a friend bought a car, had severe engine problems, they took the car back and part ex'd it for another from them. He is also happy with the service.

teecee8

Thanks for your replies. We have already ascertained that the guarantee is usually three months, for just engine and gearbox, and sometimes twelve months for certain cars. What we are trying to find out is has anyone experienced any difficulties with the guarantee within the period they were promised ?

phillthepick

They do seem rather exspensive considering the milage on the clocks

teecee8

Has anyone any experience of buying a car from this company and in particular what their guarantee terms are ? We have seen some very well presented cars but with high mileage and rather high asking prices.