Selling Spanish car

Started by Boo bear, October 16, 2015, 13:45:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ammonite

And from what I've heard and learned, Tetley is absolutely spot-on with what he says. Listen to his advice before any other.
He knows best.

Boo bear

😉

Tetley

Quote from: Boo bear on October 16, 2015, 13:45:22 PM
If I sell a Spanish car here in Spain , what is the process of putting it in someone else's name ?
Thanks

1) wright a simple contract of sale ,ie sold as seen,inspected,non returnable,with both the sellers  / buyers details.

2) the buyer pays a deposit at point of deal

the buyer needs

an in date padron within 90days,or a rental contract,with landlords details .
a pasport copy on DNI  card
an NIE number or DNI card
the cash at point of change over.

the seller needs
an in date road tax payed up plus any fines payed up
the car with ITV ( IT is sortable without an itv )
the green circulation permit
the green tecno sheet
a passport copy or DNI.

The car can be changed over at a traffico office,or by a lawyer or Gestoria

there are fees to pay for the change over,example a 15 year old ford fiesta ,150e ish fees

a 2012 fiesta.... 400e ish

the fees are payed either by the seller or the buyer,i normaly pay the fees on a sale,so i know its out of our names legally.

DO NOT  let anybody pay you and just take the car,as you may have there money,but they have your name making you responsible for all,ie fines,road tax.......

the above is only a guide.

:tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

Boo bear

If I sell a Spanish car here in Spain , what is the process of putting it in someone else's name ?
Thanks
😉