GUANTANAMO

Started by baker, October 30, 2015, 13:08:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

webejamin

Well I feel sorry for the bloke, but I can't get my head round the fact that he's married to a British woman, has four British children, and they all go on a trip to Afghanistan in the middle of a conflict ??? Same goes for any others that got caught up in it. Now, I'm British, married to a British woman and have British kids. The question is, would I be seen as a bit of an idiot if I took em all out to Afghanistan, or any place of conflict? ??? I'm sure the Taliban would have squeezed my goolies and a few other bits to find out why I was poking around their back yard at that particular time.
Maybe he was lucky to get nabbed by the Yanks? or am I just being over sensitive on the issue?  :tiphat: 

zilnor

Don't blame the current PM. This man's wife is a British citizen so he has the right to stay here with their four children.
Wonder how much it has cost the  British taxpayer supporting his family for fourteen years ?  :head

Roger

He has never been charged with anything.
The US Government promised to release him 8 years ago because they had nothing against him.
The Met Police interviewed him for 3 days and decided there is nothing to charge him with.

The only reason, admitted by the US for keeping him in prison is because he is a wtness to the torture carried our by the US in Guatanamo.

The US sets itself up as judge and jury everywhere in the world.
This creates antagonism against the west, and is a recruiting cause for terrorists.
The outcome is clear to see, an increase in terrorist threat, not a reduction.

mimosas

He's a Saudi National.  

How come we have given him refuge back in the UK where his family are nicely holed up in a house paid for by the government, benefits, et al..

Must be something to do with that stupid git in No. 10.

sleepy john

Just what's wanted - another terrorist.

baker

Last detainee just arrived back in England. Wonder how much he will get ?
j.r.baker