Shame coco´s chicken closed down

Started by Lisasbolt, October 18, 2015, 13:29:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave T

Quote from: LittleRichard on October 29, 2015, 14:38:40 PM
Quote from: Jo-JoB on October 29, 2015, 10:58:51 AM

You get what you pay for!!

I disagree with this, as a cheap meal can sometimes be great and a expensive meal can be rubbish

Its about finding the balance beween all the different factors

The food isnt the only imporant part when eating out, the general envoirment, your anticipation of the meal can change how you feel about a restaurant.

If what you are saying is right then paying more means you will enjoy it more.

Everyone option are different and of course our own options change as well. One day your favourtive restaurant might not be your favourtive any more.

A long time ago, we paid a lot of money for a meal in france and it was rubbish (it didnt not hit that spot) next day we spend a fraction of the money in a french supermarket on fresh bread, brie and ham and that was absolutetly fantastic

I don't care about the price or ambiance just the FOOD! And if I enjoyed enough to go again

LittleRichard

Quote from: Tetley on October 29, 2015, 15:35:52 PM
Quote from: keyser soze on October 29, 2015, 15:28:13 PM

My favourite restaurant , Midsummer House" will cost £500+ for four but it is a rare treat

Daniel Clifford is a great chef and a friend of mine work there a few years back for a short time.

If you are happy paying over 100pounds for a meal then thats fine but more money you pay for a meal more you expect 100% perfection.

I have eaten in Gary Rhodes restaurant years ago and it was no as good as i thought it was going to be... and i wouldnt go again
A meal in City Rhodes cost over 150pounds per person and there was a 12 month waiting list.

VIVA ESPAÑA

Tetley

Quote from: keyser soze on October 29, 2015, 15:28:13 PM
To be honest i find it Obscene that people blow money on expensive ramsey type " in foods " wile we have folks going through bins for food.

Tetley, it depends on your pleasures

I am sure that if someone offered you a Brough Superior SS100 for £1000 you would "pull their arm off"

Yet some people would find that unacceptable with starving people around the world

My favourite restaurant , Midsummer House" will cost £500+ for four but it is a rare treat

You pay for your pleasures where you choose to.

You certainly do  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

keyser soze

To be honest i find it Obscene that people blow money on expensive ramsey type " in foods " wile we have folks going through bins for food.

Tetley, it depends on your pleasures

I am sure that if someone offered you a Brough Superior SS100 for £1000 you would "pull their arm off"

Yet some people would find that unacceptable with starving people around the world

You pay for your pleasures where you choose to.

Tetley

Quote from: LittleRichard on October 29, 2015, 14:38:40 PM

I disagree with this, as a cheap meal can sometimes be great and a expensive meal can be rubbish

The food isnt the only imporant part when eating out, the general envoirment, your anticipation of the meal can change how you feel about a restaurant.

Everyone option are different and of course our own options change as well. One day your favourtive restaurant might not be your favourtive any more.

A long time ago, we paid a lot of money for a meal in france and it was rubbish (it didnt not hit that spot) next day we spend a fraction of the money in a french supermarket on fresh bread, brie and ham and that was absolutetly fantastic

Exactly  :tiphat:
Analogue mechanically  trained 1970,s Fitter  dear living  in a gone digital/tecno mad O Dearie me world......thankfully left behind with it all ,enjoying the bliss of NO phones ,  apps and  shortage of the intellectual, wile still managing to hone underachievement on the day to day in the sun  lol

LittleRichard

VIVA ESPAÑA

Jo-JoB

Hogs.

You are absolutely correct :clap:
I think the best expression is, You get what you pay for!! and if you get more than you paid for, then that's a good restaurant.

Tetley

when i go out   i just want basic well cooked food,i dont want to pay 25 quid for a starter thats been blown in with a pea shooter ,hence i stick to local" pub type" grub/ new delli/ the happy garden.

the above is only my veiw, i dont want to wee any body off ,ive had chance to be taken to mitch star restruants and declined the offer.

:tiphat:

In Murcia last year we got caught in a Tapas Bar ,7 of us......205 euros,i thought the bloke was on" crack" ,when he turned up with the bill...... ;)

grp

Hurlez, you are so wrong. I have been several times and had nothing but a great time. You need to ask yourself about rudeness, because that's what you have just been. Your experience of business is irrelevant but your attitude is not.

hurlez

Female joint Owner At Casa Joya is very rude and unhelpful , not what you expect from someone running a business ( .know what I'm talking about ran a successful business dealing with customers for 16 years) also I wouldn't drive down the unmade road in the dark.

sjm

Basic I can get at home.....pity Casa Joya isn't on our door step

Tetley

Fing is there is some very good values places around ie new deli,happy garden,bowling alley,most Folks dont want rocket science they just want pensioner prices and good basic food a couple of nights per week save them cooking and a couple of cheap drinks,cater for yer pension spenders and its job done.

Lisasbolt

Shame another Indian, thats what it used to be a couple of years ago. Would have loved an Italian or just a good restaurant like already stated. Won´t be too long till one of them goes in Albox, how often do you really go out for a Indian, we like it but still only go every 6-8 weeks.
Same with all the english places around, how many fish and chips and frozen pies do you really want to eat, if one of them realised they could be gold if they had a good chef, homemade and listen to the customers!!! 3 separate places i have asked for a veggie option and they say they will and never do, so i do not go.

La Cena is one of the worst in the area, but that my opinion, if the owner wasn´t rude and they did not drown everything in oil and tell you that you do not need any salt then maybe it would be ok. Oh and a update of a menu & again a veggie option, meat eaters also like veggie options if you do the right stuff.

grrr bit of a rant in the end :)

1991chrismith

I tried it a few months ago. Would not go again. Rude owner threatened that we would lose our table if our two guests did not arrive within 5 mins. they did, but not one other person came in for over an hour. Then my main course was overcooked. my wifes meal was bulked up with loads of onion. and the eaton mess was nothing more than a bowl of sugar with three bits of fruit in it. A pity because the place itself is really nice.

sjm

I have! Probably the best of an average/low bunch.....................

allison

Quote from: sjm on October 26, 2015, 16:04:56 PM
Just to have a really decent restaurant in the area would be good..............

really!   try La Cena

pepe

Yeh i agree we are all developing slant eyes im sick of Chinese .

sjm

Just to have a really decent restaurant in the area would be good..............

Lynne

I would have preferred an Italian to give us all a little more choice.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Chilieagle

Thanks Lynne.
In the meantime , we passed there at noon and we see a sign from , we think Tai and indian restaurant .
shame that is not a spanish restaurant, there all already 3 of them.
have a nice day

zilnor

Tetley is right about the demolitions affecting the area, starting with the Prior's. Back in England, I  have had many comments along the lines of " we were considering buying in Southern Spain, but have been frightened off by the demolitions and illegal houses" . And the other side is " we understand we can buy a nice villa with pool for £100,000 and the exchange rate is good so we may do it " . But that is not good for those wanting to sell.  :head
Sorry for going a bit more off topic  :notopic:   :wave

Jo-JoB

I personally don't mind having more Indian restaurants, perhaps it will encourage The New Delhi to up their game a bit, the food is OK, but having to wait 90 minutes for your food to arrive is a bit much, and the place wasn't even busy.
Coco's Chicken was doomed to fail from the beginning, from February onward they had two really good chef's, an amazing sous chef, and Patricio waiting on, the makings of a really great team. But the management although they were nice people, had no experience of running a restaurant. After a few months some of the staff got hacked off with the bad organisation and left, after that it never recovered.

Rod

Yes, saw them painting the sign yesterday, Raj something or other. Do we need a 3rd. Indian?

Lynne

Another Indian restaurant I believe.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Chilieagle

Is someone know wat is coming at the place" COCO'S CHICKEN " now. Will it be a new restaurant (we hope a spanish one ) , or a bar?
Thanks anyway

Tetley

Quote from: steve.p on October 19, 2015, 09:45:16 AM
Tets what's this to do with the original post???. :drinks:

Its a camparison of the 2003 to 2006 boom to what we have to day
, with buisness strapped for cash/ flow and higher operating costs
example electric,that has doubled in price over the last 10 years ,

also with a slight off / on with Mayor Done,s Angle on the job wich he is correct with most of the post,but the demoltion issue from the Priors onwards,did cause a market price/ confidence CRASH and did effect the Spanish housing market as the demoltion was flashed across the world.

houses are now selling again......because of the Euro Pound exchange,ie for what you can buy a 2 up 2 down for in Yorkshire you can buy a nice little home here ,no contest really for a pension couple on a 300e a week uk pension or a young buck on a roll in the UK wanting a sunny bolt hole....... apart from the Brexit issue

Any way were on TT600 Fairing & Isle on Man Graphics ti day so must dash... :)

webejamin

Quote from: steve.p on October 19, 2015, 09:45:16 AM
Seems it's all part of the same problem really, all interconnected like. Mind you some would say "there are no problems" but I suppose that depends on how we see it. :tiphat: 

steve.p

Tetley

Quote from: Roger on October 19, 2015, 08:48:53 AM
Wrong Tetley, it was not the demolitions.
There has only been one in this area.
The reason is that many young families came in search of work.
For some years there was work, during the housing boom.
New furniture, a patio, a garage, lay the new garden etc etc.
But as always housing booms do not last.

There is now a rush to buy again, but these are re sales so there is a limited amount of work to be done on the house.
Perhaps cladding a wall, or laying the odd patio.

As for the comment about the town halls doing something.
What?

In Arboleas we try to spend as much of our  ;)money as possible with local businesses, but it is not a lot.
What else can we do exactly?

Dont Spin to hard Rog,yell get Dizzy Luv..... O0

(Cantoria.... next to Arboleas houses down,  cancelled building licences IN Arboleas,  people that did have demolition orders that have been stopped thanks to the AUAN.... in Albox and other valle areas due to the new" pay up first or X off law" )

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e1eB_Ir0afw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amQAfI62uZU

Roger

Wrong Tetley, it was not the demolitions.
There has only been one in this area.
The reason is that many young families came in search of work.
For some years there was work, during the housing boom.
New furniture, a patio, a garage, lay the new garden etc etc.
But as always housing booms do not last.

There is now a rush to buy again, but these are re sales so there is a limited amount of work to be done on the house.
Perhaps cladding a wall, or laying the odd patio.

As for the comment about the town halls doing something.
What?

In Arboleas we have employed an additional 6 local people (in addition to the 3 paid councillors) and we have set up a local gym with Sophias which is employing local people.
In Arboleas we try to spend as much of our money as possible with local businesses, but it is not a lot.
What else can we do exactly?

Tetley

The problem is..... its greed thats put the area back to the 1990,s by a select few,

shame really,

when my lad started school here there were approx 5 brit kids,the number soon got up to 95 brit kids,there familys full of enthusiam abought there new life...

what finished it ,was the demolitions although it may have been legally correct,morally it was a Pxss take as EVERYBODY  new what was going on including the UK GOV.

hey ho,plan B ,UK  council tax,and a drop of rain , and the BREXIT   :-X

morning folks    :tiphat:

jabba the cat

Lorraine.......... well you are right but it seems to be the norm here in this area do well and when your rent review is due up goes your rent mental if you ask me.
New businesses wont take on long leases so if you say take a 1 year lease on or whatever if you do well then up the rent goes when its up for renewal.
This area as you know is well cheap so you need to sell a lot of refreshment to meet the monthly bills as a friend of mine said once your bar is governed by the next bars prices down the road how true :tiphat:

Lorraine

That is such a common thing - landlords want to bleed tenants dry. Surely they would rather have some rent than no rent at all!!!

Steve c

Not sure about the other establishments but went into the garden centre that is closing down last week and got some great deals on plants, the Spanish owner was very helpful.
My partner who speaks Spanish asked why he was closing, he said the landlord put the rent up so much he could not afford it anymore it wasn't a lack of customers seems a shame.

Dave T

Cocos was fab the first few times
Then
They started doing the little chickens you get from rizos 2 for 5 euro but charging full price on take away.

Maybe it was a little to out the way