Albox fiesta anyone know the dates ?

Started by figaros4sale, October 17, 2015, 14:23:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

languagesolutions

Mucho mejor Clare, a ver si se anima la gente y van al Rock Albox ✌️

Queen Clare Shirley

The feria starts thursday 26th until the wednesday 1st of November

Monday the 30th of October is a local holiday the schools and shops are closed.
ILLIA RULES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Arrived Torrevieja 5th November 1988

languagesolutions

Rock festival is Friday 27th, la feria will be the weekend after...as Weds is bank holiday, it'll probably start then 😊

figaros4sale

hank

If I had to live my life over, I'd live it over a pub.

Windows was unable to locate the requested file. Would you like a glass of wine instead?

Rod

Rod

Hi Maura, any luck with the programme in English yet?

Maura

Hi Annef,
I already post to this forum http://www.arboleas.co.uk/forum/index.php?board=194.0

What I donĀ“t do is search for random questions relating to Albox on the various forums.

Rod

Register on Maura's blogspot and you will get updates on events in Albox, go to this link and register, easy.... http://maurahillenalbox.blogspot.com.es/

annef

Hi Maura  - Thank you for the promise of information, but I have never knowingly 'blogged' anyone.  ???  Would you mind putting the timetable on this forum please for us old Luddites to see?   It would be greatly appreciated.   :tiphat:

Pendragon

Blimey Maura, Who has the nerve to tell you off!
I certainly don't have!

Ian

Maura

Hi All,
The Albox Feria takes place at the end of October/Beginning November centred around All Saints Day (2nd November). I will publish the calendar of events on my blog in English as soon as I have it which should be some time this coming week.

I have highlighted the word FERIA because I get told off if I use the word Fiesta to describe it. Ferias, apparently, are fairs or celebrations  for no particular reason whilst the reason for a Fiesta is usually a saints day or a constitutional event (Andalucia Day).

Regards,

Maura Hillen

Councillor, Albox Town Hall

annef

No problem Doreen - it was a good site to know about anyway - so thanks for that.   Now all we need is a timetable.   Visiting grandchildren are going to be thrilled !

scbeo5

Hi
It's over the weekend of Sat 31st October,& Sunday 1st November, so I think it will be open from the Thursday. Evening
I believe Monday 2nd &  Tuesday 3rd are red days in Albox, the schools are shut these two day
Hope that Helps.

doreen1

Oops sorry annef I didn't see that at all

annef

Hi - Unfortunately the details on the Albox info website appear to refer to the 2011 Fiesta, according to the timetable they have attached, so I would be grateful if anyone can confirm this year's dates.   :tiphat:

doreen1

I just looked on Alboxinfo website and it's says the fiesta is on from 23rd October until 1st November.

figaros4sale

My boy is pestering me I'm sure it's this coming weekend anyone been up near the square can confirm this
Thx

Rod

No answers to this, would also like to know dates.

figaros4sale