butcher meat

Started by janice59, August 04, 2015, 12:40:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cuddlybill

If you are in Huercal Overa, the lady butcher on the left in the street opposite Mercadona. Mrs CB
The 3 rings of marriage...........engagement ring, wedding ring & suffering!!
You only need 2 words to keep a marriage happy......Yes dear....

p2une

I agree Little Richard.
Used to buy all our meat from him, lovely meat it was,Turkey at Christmas too, all cleaned. Then one day I had to divide up a batch at home and when I weighed it found it was about 10% underweight.  Checked everything else I'd bought that day and it was all the same!  Checked other things I had in the fridge, prepacked stuff, just to compare, and my scales were correct.  
Had been using him for years, lovely man, always had a chat, but I was very angry when I realised he could have been doing that all the time. I've never used him since and that was about three years ago, just shows what greed can do - makes me wonder how much other custom he's lost because of it!
Before that I used Rizos, their meat was good but expensive, don't think they're as good now.  Now I mostly use Mercadona, find what I buy - loose - is usually very good and reasonably priced. Also get some things from Lidl, equally tender and good price.  But would always use Spanish butchers over British ones, have usually found them to be cheaper and just as good quality.

June.
Of all the things I have lost, I miss my mind the most

janice59

thanks again annef, I now know exactly where it is, never knew that was the name of that roundabout, always thought it was somewhere else.

annef

Got it in one Janice !  I think the Mexican (Sinaloa) closed some time ago, but the Steak House is still going strong (I hope).   :tiphat:

janice59

thanks annef, I think I have a good idea now where it is, I am going into Garrucha next month when we come over so I will try and find it then.
If I was to go straight on that road does it take me to a chinese restaurant on the corner and some other restaurants on the left hand side, I think one of them is mexican and one is a steak house?

turner

I will add my praise to the comments about the butcher at Garrucha, he has steak that has been aged for as long as anyone could want! He was also, after asking in several Spanish butchers, the only one who could get shin of beef for me to try a specific recipe. The deli counter in the same shop had some smashing things that are otherwise very hard to get.

annef

Hi Janice - the Bouganvillas roundabout is the one that you get to when you head for Garrucha/Mojacar Playa, having driven past the front of Iceland.  There is a parade of shops to the left of the roundabout with a service road and parking in front of them.  Gastronomia is towards the left hand end (looking from the roundabout) of the shops.   Hope this helps   :tiphat:

Jedslam

janice59

thanks for all the replies but where is the bouganvillas roundabout.

thanks

Lynne

I agree, Gastonomia is a really lovely place, great choice and nice people.
You can't always control who walks into your life...but you CAN control which window you throw them out of.

Jedslam

Inside Gastronomia(delicatessen) is a Butchery Dept and have had meat from there several times and it has always been very good.

annef

If you want English cuts of meat, we can thoroughly recommend Gastronomia which is at the Bouganvillas roundabout next to the PAWS charity shop.  Excellent meat, pies & pasties (made fresh each day on the premises), haslet etc. as well as a superb selection of cheeses.   Well worth calling in if you are in that area.
Their tel. no. is 950 132 048.  We have no connection to this business, just very satisfied customers

alansue

The Spanish butcher in Iceland is very good.

LittleRichard

Quote from: phileas fogg on August 04, 2015, 13:13:59 PM
We only use Spanish butchers in Albox, one over the road from Mercadona is very good

You have to be careful with that butcher, his scales used to be fixed.. (oposite Pricebusters)
2 years ago we bought 1kg of meat and when i got home it was 160g less than a kg and both sets of scales are roughly the same amount out.... Strange that!!  ???

VIVA ESPAÑA

phileas fogg

We only use Spanish butchers in Albox, one over the road from Mercadona is very good, we use the butcher in the fruit and veg shop Rozos I think that's how you spell it they do nice cuts. We keep well away from butchers in English shops just check their prices.

janice59

can anyone recommend the best place for butcher meat, i.e. fillet steak, beef mince etc, I usually buy from Coviran when I am over but felt this time the mince was very grizzly.

thanks